Headlamp washers not working

srobrien

Hi, my headlamp washers have stopped working completely. They were fine until yesterday.

I had a bit of a bump with another car last week and wrecked my bumper so i could have possibly split the tank.

I filled up the tank yesterday to the brim but the washers still refused to work. I then checked the level and it had dropped to half a tank (although i couldnt see any water on the ground worryingly enough).

Are there seperate watertanks for both or is the hose for the HL washers higher up in the tank of something? I have checked the fuse and it looks fine. Plus the windscreen washers are working fine.

Im not that worried as it's going in the bodyshop next week so they will look at it, im just more puzzled than anything else.

Cheers

R

Ahh the culprit. Do they have individual filling points or just the one, i recon the HL washer one probably got anhililated in the bump.

Cheers

R

Just the one pont to fill, the tanks are linked by pipes, hence the same level that you can see in both tanks. Fair chance the pump as been damaged or the wiring or even the pipework. ;)

Yup I recon there is a good 10L capacity across both. Make my girlfriends 2.5L capacity look tiny.

Yup. We use a 1.5l watering can to fill them up usually. The missus Corsa takes about 2x at a push if you're lucky, mine took just over 4x! :lol:

Costs a small fortune when using the PIAA screenwash to complement the wipers :scare:

Are they really worth the money £60+ for some window wipers, for that they would have to be pretty damn good.

R

They are.................work best when 40mph plus - hardly ever have use anything other than the intermittement settings - rain just beads off the screen. :)

Trouble is the headlamp washers empty the tanks at a rather alarming rate, bearing in mind they auto spray when the headlights are on and you first use the wipers. And you still need to use the washers to clear crud and fly deposits.