CAN ANY ONE RECCOMEND *SNOW FOAM*??...

breay

Howdy,

Ive been reading a few posts lately about professional valeting companies and the stages involved in a full clean. All of them use a pre wash treatment to help shift the dirt before a sponge etc is used, ive heard a few of you guys talking about 'Snow foam' but can anyone reccomend something thats better? Ive just bought a Hozelock pump gun and would like a bit of advice as i dont want a pre wash product to take any wax protection off thats already on the paint work and i want one thats mild enough to use every wash.

Cheers peeps :thumbs:

Most "good" snow foams you will be able to find out if they are wax or LSP friendly (last stage product) from the vendors, or the information will be common knowledge amongst those that use it.

I use 2 types and I know both are fine or I'd use another that was fine!

You will struggle to get "foamy foam" with any snow foams unless you go down the foaming lance route. Things like supersprays and gilmours give soapy water with SSF, but no "shaving foam" experiences!

Tim

Cheers Envy,

i was hoping one of you experts were going to reply! ;)

Can anyone suggest a particular product that is any good?

Does any one know if any particular snow foams foam up well with using a 'pump gun' as i dont want to invest in a pressure washer!

On the topic of foam, sorry for the hijack, I got a Karcher pressure washer and have seen a foam lance attachment for sale at the local Halfords for £15.

foamguns1jz.jpg

Now what do I do to use it properly?

Do I need to dilute the soap or just fill up the canister attched to the lance with the soap?

Also, like breay, I would like to know what product would be best to use to achive a full rich thick foam, that dwells really nicely.

I would appreciate comments and advice by the pro valeters on here.

Thanks

Bought one of those karcher things the other day, and a hose adapter and got foam out of megs... Not as much as with a pressure washer but it still had better suds than a bucket!

The only reason I didnt use it on a pressure washer is cause the one I had is a clarke and the bloody things dont "talk to each other"!!

cheers gixxer for the reccomendation, am I right in thinking that some of you guys just use normal shampoo to produce a foam? does anyone know if I used a snowfoam product in a pump gun as opposed to a lance and it didn't produce the shaving foam affect would the product still work to remove the dirt and grime without the foam??

The Karcher bottles like you see in Halfords wont give you the foam, more like the washing up water effect BUT and this applies to the breay post above, althought it wont look as impressive the cleaning ability should be as good.

It wont cling as well as the foam but it will clean.

Breay I dont think you will achieve what you want without a PW as a minimum start point:blush:

Tim

Well I was thinking of possibly purchasing that foam lance (pic in my post sbove) and a 5ltr canister of AutoGlym Pressurewasher Shampoo.

Just wanted to know if it would gimme decent thick foam.

Thanks

get some super snow foam it will dwell longer and give better results :thumbs:

especially good in this weather to get rid of road salt etc with creating swirls by dragging it across your paint :thumbs:

Well I was thinking of possibly purchasing that foam lance (pic in my post sbove) and a 5ltr canister of AutoGlym Pressurewasher Shampoo.

Thanks

especially good in this weather to get rid of road salt etc with creating swirls by dragging it across your paint :thumbs:

AH! So does that basically remove the need of ever using a sponge/washmitt ever again?

Where can I buy the Super Snow Foam from?

Anybody on here?

Thanks

AH! So does that basically remove the need of ever using a sponge/washmitt ever again?

Where can I buy the Super Snow Foam from?

Anybody on here?

get the car clayed, waxed/sealed so its nice and "slippery" and the dirt will come off much easier, you still need to wash after sometimes but it will help not to create swirls washing an almost clean car

lots for sale on ebay and other places

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-d ... d_370.html

:thumbs:

I have used the Valet Pro citrus pre-rinse and it is good stuff :thumbs: to release the muck before snow foaming

Thanks Gixxer for the info.

Just looked on EnvyValetings own site and saw they sell SSF for £13.50 per 5ltr.

I think they offer discount for us from the forum too, right?

I do indeed sell my own brand SSF but dont like to ram stuff like that down peoples throats! if you find I have it and want some then thats cool ;)

Its chosen for its cleaning, foaming and also the most important is its eax and LSP friendly.

I am currently doing a 10% off deal via paypal gifts, and as its difficult to set up automatically (and it not be open to abuse) I will refund 10% via paypal upon confirmation of forum status. Sadly I cant do 10% off postage as this is based upon actual costs and I dont charge for the packaging at all :D

Best wishes

Tim

Isee...

If I remember right, your packages go by weight limits or something?

TBH, if I'm only spending less that £50, then I don't really see the need for discount.

For a regular guy like me, who's not too OCD about the cleaning.

Apart from the SSF, what would you recommend?

Do I need a pre-wash item that needs to be done before the usage of SSF?

Is the Karcher foam lance any good at all for a novice like me?

Basically what I need to know is the inital outlay for basic neccessary wash items, like a list sort of a thing.

Thanks for your help.

Thats right, post is done by weight so if you do buy a 5 litre bottle of SSF you are already in the heaviest post category as it weighs 5kg alone.

RM is cheapest option up to 2kg, but then the cheapest option is to switch to carrier ( I use DHL) and its the same price be it 2kg or 24kg.

If you hit the carrier rate its no more expensive (other than the cost of what you choose) on the postage.

Regarding the Karcher foam thing you will get a sort of soapy bubble effect most likely but the cleaning ability will still be pretty much ok.

Personally in a detail I work in the order wheels then pre soak the car with Espuma Activo then rinse after 5-10 mins. Foam with the SSF, allow to dwell and rinse and based on how clean it ends up I them may wash with a mitt etc and shampoo. On a previously detailed car its quite often clean enough after the SSF. On other occasions I foam a car and use a mitt with the SSF.

Tim

A basic list would be:

Wheel cleaner (optional)

Activo (optional)

snow foam

Shampoo...I deal in Dodo, 2 types Sour power and Born to be mild but Halfords do Meguiars gold class which is very good for the money.

Tim

if you cleaned the car using a mitt and bucket of water instead of a pressure washer what would you reccomend using as a pre soak before rinsing the dirt off with a hose ready for sponging?

Prior to getting the snow foam, and the activo I used to get a pressurised sprayer (like at B+Q for weedkiller) and put a weak TFR mix into it and spray the cars. Leave to soak whilst you clean the wheels etc, then rinse with the hose before you get your hands on it so to speak.

Cheers for the info Tim.

Is there a foam lance you would recommend that would fit on the Karcher?

Thanks again

No problemo.

Personally I'd get the autobrite one at the group buy price cos its such a lot cheaper than normal! Put it this way, I bought myself a spare!

They do all fitments, Kew, Nilfisk, Alto, Karcher, Kranzle and will be able to sort you out easily.

Call and ask for Mark, tell him I referred you and he'll look after you very well ;)