Diagnostic reader

daveg7362

Hi could anyone please recommend a diagnostic reader,

I have looked on e-bay and its a mine field!!! i don't necessary want the cheapest or the dearest,just one that does the job and is easy to use.

If you could also explain what the differences are, as I haven't got a clue!!!!!!!

Thanks Dave

I have an generic EML327 USB scanner - like this one -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELM327-USB-CAN-Co ... 0304683726

Havent ever had a CEL light, so dont know if it will read the codes, but it does connect properly as it gives me readouts for the digital dash on my CarPC. :)

Didnt realise they were that cheap. Is this the one you have then or just similar?

ELM327 is the standard interface, it's not mega fast at reading the data. If i was buying again the bluetooth one would nice.

ProScan is a cool program for the money, the blatz stuff doesn't do much more than the free ODB readers. Lots like the DigiMoto tool.

Cool thing to have, have fun, you can't do any damage.

is it also worth building a sticky thread with the names of people who have OBDII readers and there location i.e. chelmsford (not home addresses) that way people who need a quick scan and don't have one could easily get something checked out.

i'm planning on buying one so would be happy to put my name down when it arrives

is it also worth building a sticky thread with the names of people who have OBDII readers and there location i.e. chelmsford (not home addresses) that way people who need a quick scan and don't have one could easily get something checked out.

i'm planning on buying one so would be happy to put my name down when it arrives

Good idea :thumbs:

I'm happy to put my name down if anyone needs to use one localish to me :D