Newbie here

Hi All,

Having spent a long time agonising over a small list of cars for my next purchase, I have finally decided that a 350Z is the car for me.

All I have to do now is find someone to buy my old car (mint Alfa 145 Cloverleaf if anyone happens to want a warm hatch with a beautiful engine!) or a trader who will give me a respectable amount for it. Once I have done that, I can start looking in ernest. I will be looking for a GT with rays somewhere upto £11,000. If anyone knows of a car...

There seem to be plenty about in that range so I am confident it won't be long before you see me around here a lot as a 'proper', car-owning member.

What might make my job easier (finding a suitable car) is if I could get rays alloys separate from the car for a reasonable price. Do those who put aftermarket wheels on ever sell their rays' and, if so, how much does a set go for?

Thx. That's pretty reasonable, I reckon.

Another question, this time to do with the forum - the thread preview function is proving quite annoying. Is there a way I can turn it off? A few times after I have hovered over a thread, the preview remains on the screen and gets in the way when I am trying to browse for other threads. Also, if a thread has large pictures, the first one fills my screen and I cannot even click on the thread to view it because the picture obscures everything else on the screen!

BTW I am using Mozilla Firefox if that makes a difference.

Interesting Neil...the only problem is that, in order to buy privately (certainly anything over my budget) means I have to sell the Alfa as I am counting on somewhere between £1000-1500 cash from the sale, otherwise I can't get close to your price. Thinking cap on...