How frustrating....

CaptainSensible

I've been flirting wit hte idea of geting a Z for a while and yesterday decided it was high time I took one for a spin. So I headed down to my local Nissan dealer to go for a ride in this:

http://www.wessexgarages.com/index.cfm? ... il&id=2385

So when I get down there I go and talk to the rep, who first of all didn't seen to have clue about Zs, insisting there had only ever been two variants of the engine, 276 and 309 bhp - there never was a 296 version according to him!

Anyway to cut a long stort short I asked if we could go for a drive, at which point he said we could, but they've lost the keys. :angry: So they're going to see if they can find them and perhaps give me a call this week.

Not holding my breath though as they really seemed like a bunch of numpties, a bit annoying as there aren't many Zs for sale around Bristol.

What dos everyone think abouyt the price by the way? I reckon its at least a couple of grand overpriced.

Looks good - hmm that number plate looks familiar -could be an ex forum one?? Go and negotiate a better price - only fools like us buying gas guzzlers in this climate - buyers market! :thumbs:

Maybe the keys thing is to make sure you just dont want a joy ride and are really interested in the sale - mind you if thats the case then the sales bod should have sussed you out by now and be open to a test drive! Preserve us from muppets!

good luck with it anyway and remember its worth travelling to get the car you want :)

Maybe the keys thing is to make sure you just dont want a joy ride and are really interested in the sale - mind you if thats the case then the sales bod should have sussed you out by now and be open to a test drive! Preserve us from muppets!

It wasn't that, they'd shuffled the cars around the forecourt the day before and misplaced the keys. I could see him hunting around like a mad man trying to find them!

Well does'nt paint them in a positive image does it - if they cant get the basics right like have the keys in a logical place - goodness knows what they are like with anything more complex like Zed clicking axles! :lol:

good luck with the test drive anyway when you finally get a chance to have a :thumbs: go

i was looking at this car a good 3-4 months ago i think it was oct time, so i would definetly knock them down on the price as they obviously cant shift it

I got my car from there last May and i am 99% sure that was there then but for loads more money. I was told that the chap that owned it was away and not bothered if it sold hence the high price tag but i ended up with mine which is the same model year and colour !! but cheaper.

Just to mention that when i got my car from them on picking it up they had lost ALL the service book and history so they had to phone around and print all the stuff off again and give me a new book, i was not a happy man.

As for the car, best thing i have ever done :D:D:D

i was looking at this car a good 3-4 months ago i think it was oct time, so i would definetly knock them down on the price as they obviously cant shift it

I got my car from there last May and i am 99% sure that was there then but for loads more money. I was told that the chap that owned it was away and not bothered if it sold hence the high price tag but i ended up with mine which is the same model year and colour !! but cheaper.

Just to mention that when i got my car from them on picking it up they had lost ALL the service book and history so they had to phone around and print all the stuff off again and give me a new book, i was not a happy man.

As for the car, best thing i have ever done :D:D:D

That interesting to know, I wonder why they can't sell it? It looked in good nick and the mileage is very low. They've not phoned me yet, mind you until this snow clears a bit I'm putting a test driving on hold.

when i looked at it it was high priced and they gave me the same reason some guy never used it and traded it in for a newer model. the sales rep i was dealing with was a somali bloke who didnt have a clue about the car i was telling him about the car and he was just saying im not sure ill have to find out. so it didnt fill me with confidence so i left it. Also he said he would ring me in a couple of days time, 3 weeks down the line he rang. Not very good service.

when i looked at it it was high priced and they gave me the same reason some guy never used it and traded it in for a newer model. the sales rep i was dealing with was a somali bloke who didnt have a clue about the car i was telling him about the car and he was just saying im not sure ill have to find out. so it didnt fill me with confidence so i left it. Also he said he would ring me in a couple of days time, 3 weeks down the line he rang. Not very good service.

I'm fairly sure that was the guy I spoke to, he was not clued up at all. I'll expect a call in about 3 weeks then!

It looks about £2k over priced at least. I got my 55 reg GT for exactly 12k only last weekend. A low mileage will only warrant UP to £500 extra premium but no more. Be willing to travel. In the end I travelled to Manchester to get the one I wanted and I live in Sussex! I got mine from a main dealer with fsh, new mot, full service and 2 yrs extended mfr warranty. Bargain them below £12k otherwise walk away. They are out there. Just have to be patient like I was. Good luck mate and you're on the right track going for an azure blue 350 (but I'm a bit biased)!

I stopped in Bristol on the way down from Manchester - had a long weekend in the 350 just after buying it.

Stan that number plate looks VERY familiar to me aswell and I'm not sure why. Don't know if I've seen it on pistonheads, autotrader or ebay when I was looking for mine 4 months ago. I'm sure though that I'd seen the numberplate at either Westway Nissan or on the nissanusedcars website..... strange!

And just my two pence worth. I only paid £13.5k for a 2004 with 15k on the clock (identical spec) 4 months ago. So I'd be wanting that car for around the £12k thats been quoted on here.

I'd either buy a members car (private sale) or buy from a main Nissan Dealership although I had a bit of hassle with mine. Have a look at some of my older posts and you'll see why. Although in the end I did get everything repaired under warranty :thumbs:

almost as frustrating as today with me. today was the day i was ment to pick up the car. Since i didnt have time to drive home after work to get my car then drive to pick up the zed i had to take my rex to work then go straight from there. so at half 9 i phoned to check if the car was definitely ready, the guy i was after was busy so i left him a message to phone me back asap. 1pm came and still no phone call so i phoned again, "He's on his lunch, can i take a message?" so again i said get him to phone me back straight after his lunch. It was then going on half 3 and still no phone call and i only had an hour of work left till i was going to leave, so i phoned again and finally got him! Only for him to tell me they have lost the registration documents and cant give me the car till they find them, He said if they cant find them by tomorrow they will have to send out for another one - which could take up to a week. feckin great! I've been so annoyed all night, really had my hopes up. if they cant get them tomorrow then i dont even know if i want to get the car from them. Just a bunch of hopeless ba$tards.

This is just so unprofessional its laughable. At any time it would be unacceptable, but in the current climate you would think they would be bending over backwards to get sales. Then to offer A1 service to buyers as they will probably pass on their experiences to family & friends. Don't they realise they are putting their jobs & business at an even greater risk. :rant::rant::angry::angry:

Well a little update, they managed to get around not being able to find the documents so the car is all ready for me to pick up tomorrow at 10. bout ruddy time! woohoo! i get the zed and i get the killzone 2 demo, what a week!