Noisy Sat Nav DVD player !

Hello All

Proudly bought a black 56 Zed 3 months ago and time to sort out a few niggles while it's still under warranty...........

Anyone else have a whirring DVD player?

It's bl**dy annoying and I've tried cleaning the Sat Nav CD and also inserting a DVD/CD lens cleaner, but the ROM drive won't take it

Any ideas, dealer doesn't want to know, says it's normal? :rant:

Le Bon

Hi bud and welcome to the forum. I had mine replaced under warranty. If its not right get it done.

It took them over 6 months to get the replacement but this was dealing with France. They now have a uk supplier so it should be a lot quicker.

Any problems with the dealer on this then post them up.

Will move this to the intro section so we can say Hi :D

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Well i'm off to the dealer on Monday to get it looked at. If they fix it I might sing for you all and post some pics!

Car is currently covered in snow & ice at present, and has been since Monday. Haven't even been able to get out of my cul-de-sac (on a hill with sheet ice, no traction whatsoever! :scare: )

The dealer (Harratts, Wakefield) is trying to claim the noise is normal, but wouldn't let me test another 350z to see if this is so?!

They have hinted that if I can give them the name of an actual dealer where someone has one replaced under warranty they will look at it.

Anyone had the DVD ROM replaced and if so where?

Feel free to PM me if necessary with details