the Identity of The Stig revealed

M13KYF

150,000k a year :scare: I thought he would be on a lot more all things considering :wacko:

All what things considered? £150k a year to spend your week thrashing the best cars on the planet...........I'd do it for free!

+1 150k a year is a very well paid job B)

No wonder this country is on its arse with southern wussies wanting a kings ransom all the time. :p:lol:

150,000k a year :scare: I thought he would be on a lot more all things considering :wacko:

All what things considered? £150k a year to spend your week thrashing the best cars on the planet...........I'd do it for free!

No wonder this country is on its arse with southern wussies wanting a kings ransom all the time. :p:lol:

:lol: its a very well paid job, just thought with his fame as the stig he would be getting alot more, he is not getting 150 from top gear alone, he does other jobs that amount to that, just thought he'd be close to the mill mark a year with all his coverage

:lol: its a very well paid job, just thought with his fame as the stig he would be getting alot more, he is not getting 150 from top gear alone, he does other jobs that amount to that, just thought he'd be close to the mill mark a year with all his coverage

How can he be paid for being famous when no one knows who he is?

You mean like Batman, Superman, Zoro, etc. ;)

Exactly. Anyone can turn up in the Stig suit with a helmet and no one would be the wiser. TBH most people would kill for a £150k job, let alone getting that much to drive the TG cars all the time. After all £150k/yr is what about £575 a day! That would do me. :thumbs:

Most people may be able to turn up in a race suit and helmet but they couldn't drive anywhere near the ability of the Collins. His recent hot lap in that Caterham R500 confirmed this for me B)

That was the best lap I've seen. It looked awesome. The best noise was from the Zonda F roadster for me!

I think its just a way of keeping the ongoing hype going :dry:

+1 thats the brilliance of the whole concept, it can be a number of different people.

I agree though that lap in the r500 was just pure driving class!

Oh indeed. I cant see the actual Stig turning up for some of these "apearances" he makes on the show, they'll have a standin for that. The only bits the real Stig will do is the actual driving and tutoring the celebs. Even then it can be more than one person so long as they have the same height and build. Would hope for integrities sake though that the Power Laps are done by the same person otherwise it doesnt say much for the car performace as it does for which driver is in it.

Most people may be able to turn up in a race suit and helmet but they couldn't drive anywhere near the ability of the Collins. His recent hot lap in that Caterham R500 confirmed this for me B)

It was a great lap but any F1 test driver could do that and more.......I would suggest that the majority of his income actually comes from the other work he does with race teams........

It was a great lap but any F1 test driver could do that and more.......I would suggest that the majority of his income actually comes from the other work he does with race teams........

Absolutely. But he's not considered to be good enough for F1 so races GT's :wacko:

My mate whow as in the Navy worked on the ship that the last Stig was fired off. They had a competition 'Why You Should Be The Stig' and all had to write why they should. The winner did all the Stig acting scenes, everything except the driving. Don't think the Stig is actually on telly that much, just a helmet in a car. . .

Here we go again. :yawn:

The racing star, who tests new cars and coaches celebrities in the Star in a Reasonably Price Car segment on the show featuring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May has always kept his identity a closely-guarded secret.

Last week it was reported that The Stig was a married man in his 30s who lives in a £300,000 house and drives a £15,000 car.

But he has now been identified as a 33-year-old former Formula Three, Le Mans, GT and NASCAR racer from Bristol.

He allegedly let his identity slip when he asked two Bristol gallery owners to help him produce a limited-edition print of The Stig in action.

Gallery owner Simon Whitehead, 27, told The Daily Star Sunday: "I was absolutely amazed when he said he was The Stig, it was quite a big thing in a weird way."

Builder Jason goody, 21, also learned his identity last week when he did some work for him and found The Stig's trademark suit and gloves on display in a cabinet.

It is thought if The Stig ever revealed his true identity, he could be fired from his role - the original Stig, Perry McCarthy was "killed off" after being discovered.

He was shot off the end of an aircraft carrier in a rocket-powered vehicle after revealing his secret.

A Top Gear spokesman said: "We never comment on speculation as to who or what The Stig is."

We have chosen not to reveal The Stig's name here, but if you want to know who The Stig is, follow this link: Who is Top Gear's The Stig?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/4285...

I have it on good aurthority that there are in fact three Stigs who do the driving and if you look closely you can see the different body shapes/builds. Also I was told that when the fastest Stig drives the cameramen sit further away from the track!! :scare:

I reckon the fast one is Ben Collins, and that Caterham lap was truly awesome.

I am with Stew on the Zonda F for noise tho, my new most favouritist car in world ever.. :teeth: