Bridgestones

craigo

The car I am getting in a few weeks, has bridgestones all round. They look to have plenty of tread left, but I have seen quite a few threads saying that they are poor on a Z. What's the issue with them? is it a grip or a wear problem? Cheers!

Grip... wear was an issue with feathering but all that should be sorted.

Some people like them, some people dont.. Its all down to preference, but I do know there was a difference when I changed to falkens, but then I did change the to 19" 10.5 tyres and coilovers with uprated antiroll bars!

Grip... wear was an issue with feathering but all that should be sorted.

Some people like them, some people dont.. Its all down to preference, but I do know there was a difference when I changed to falkens, but then I did change the to 19" 10.5 tyres and coilovers with uprated antiroll bars!

you can't equate feathering with bridgestones, this would have occured with any tyre as it was a set up issue

• 5 weeks later...

I currently have the RE040 Bridgestones on mine but just had some pilot sports arrive yeaterday :yahoo:

The main problem i have with the bridgestones is being fairly new to the car i have not got used to its every move yet and the bridgestones simply let go in the cold when your not expecting it! Dont get me wrong i know the 350 has enough power to have some fun with sideways action but when those bridgestones are cold it can really catch you off guard when your not expecting it!

Im hoping the Pilot sports live up to their reputation on here, will keep you all posted!

xStric9x and rentech - do you know which version of the RE050's you have? Do you have the "Pole Positions"?

I am on my second set of RE050A's, they have to be the ADZ compound which is specific to the 'Z' 2007 onwards, the only other car to use this compound is the RX8, sometimes the compound is in short supply from Bridgestone so you have ring around, failing that using the common compound almost nets the same result.

For reference the treadwear on the RE050A's is 140, TOYO's 280 & Falkens 300, now in theory lower the treadwear softer the compound but this sometimes is not nessesary always the case as the tyre wall stiffness also starts coming into play, hence the Bridgestone characteristic of it being low grip when in cold weather but good when it's warm, soft tread but stiffer wall, this is a dry weather tyre first and foremost and to get the best out of any tyre they need heat build up before the grip comes to full par.

i hate to waste something thats not worn out, and my fronts still have 5 mm and the rears have 4. and the car has just done 16,000

damn things won't run out.

had a closer look at my reo40's and inbetween the treads there is a small amount of cracking, is this ok, or is it a sign that the tyres are wearing out lifespan wise before tread wise?

Slight cracking is fine.

The RE040's wear nice and slow, but you've still 4mm on the REARS after 16,000 miles?! Mine were at the wear indicators :teeth:

If you want rid of them, but don't want to change tyres with tread left you could always find yourself a nice empty car park.