New Year detail in prep for 09 shows

H5

With the other half working this weekend and the opportunity to get the car inside for a day, I decided to go to work on the Zed yesterday.

Started with a wash usning Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n Gloss....

P1000520.jpg

And this was the condition before any work. Not many surface scratches or swirls, proof the two bucket method, wash mitt and grit guard works!

P1000521.jpg

Although the 'sparkle' and mirror shine had been dulled a fair bit

P1000522.jpg

So I got a few products to deal with it! :blush:

P1000523.jpg

First up was some claying, using Megs Quik Detailer as lube. This was after the roof and windscreen.

P1000524.jpg

There didn't seem much to correct, so went straight for the Poorboys White Diamond show glaze. Test on the near side of the car....

P1000525.jpg

And then the whole of the car

P1000526.jpg

Pretty pleased with the reflection

P1000527.jpg

Thinking about the next step, I decided to go with some Chemical Guys jetSEAL 109 to keep the impressive finish from the show glaze protected. This is it going off....

P1000529.jpg

At this point, the battery was running low on the camera, no doubt not helped by the dropping temperature! So I then added Collinite 925 wax over the sealant. Last couple of photos before the battery died....

P1000530.jpg

P1000528.jpg

Other work done:-

All badges and shuts cleaned with various detailing brushes

Wheels cleaned using mild mix of CG Citrus W&G

Work still to be done:-

Glass to be polished

Metal work to be polished

Engine bay to be polished

Wheels to be removed, stripped, polished, sealed and waxed

Paintwork to be finished off with a wet look wax, P21S / R222 or Dodo Juice most likely...

I'll try and get some pics of that lot when I do it. Although next Saturday is brake change, so might be for a couple of weeks!

Looking good matey B)

Although you didnt polish it, I'm supprised you didnt use a paint cleanser of some sort. Something like Dodo Lime Prime, brings the paint out lovely. Gets rid of any oils and such left after the clay leaving it perfect for gloss/sealant/wax.

Good tips on what to use for our colour cars mate, hope to get mine sorted soon with a few layers of wax.... Need to get it all polished up too! No good washing it in the dark!

For wax I'd definately say Dodo Supernatural after trying it. Its expensive, but I'm finding it lasts a lot longer than P21S/R222/whatever it is these days and gives much better pop to the flakes. I found the biggest difference to my car though was to give it a light correction with a machine polisher, got rid of all the swirls (and now wash with 2BM) :thumbs:

Looking good matey B)

Although you didnt polish it, I'm supprised you didnt use a paint cleanser of some sort. Something like Dodo Lime Prime, brings the paint out lovely. Gets rid of any oils and such left after the clay leaving it perfect for gloss/sealant/wax.

That's what the White Diamond does mate. It has a tiny amount of cut in it, and definitely cleans the paint and gives it the finish you see. Awesome product for lighter colour cars. :thumbs:

As for the wax, I put a proper permanent one on with the Collinite, so the finish with the P21S on top is amazing. When the sun goes out, I'll show you some White Diamond'd 'flake pop'! ;)

Looking good matey B)

That's what the White Diamond does mate. It has a tiny amount of cut in it, and definitely cleans the paint and gives it the finish you see. Awesome product for lighter colour cars. :thumbs:

As for the wax, I put a proper permanent one on with the Collinite, so the finish with the P21S on top is amazing. When the sun goes out, I'll show you some White Diamond'd 'flake pop'! ;)

Oh, my bad :blush: When I saw it was a glaze in your original post I assumed it wasnt a cleanser. Seems it doesnt both, might give it a go as I need some more paint cleanser :thumbs:

It might not be as good a cleanser as the Dodo Lime Prime, but I think it is an excellent product mate. :thumbs:

Well the only way to find out is to try it, and atm I dont have any cleanser, so will give it a go. Atm it has 4 coats of DD SN on there, so it might be a while before it needs doing. I washed the car for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday and was covered in loads of crud, and it just slid off with no effort at all. Well impressed with the wax and PB wash :thumbs:

Cracking pics B) and a nice little write up, really need to pull my finger out my ass and give mine a good clean over, just need the time and good weather, lol

Just make sure you wash your hands before you wash your car mark :lol:

Couldnt help it :p

Cracking pics B) and a nice little write up, really need to pull my finger out my ass and give mine a good clean over, just need the time and good weather, lol

Just make sure you wash your hands before you wash your car mark :lol:

Couldnt help it :p

PMSL :lol:

Nice work Rob. B)

A few hours work gone into that.As Stew mentioned you have a good work space there,is it your own unit?

Have to do all my cleaning on the drive. :cold:

Off topic,i have heard back of Andrew the tanks have gone and the supplier they used have also ceased trading.