write off....

dandan118

Unfortunatly I had an accdent in the zed on Tues, i braked, the abs kicked in but i slid in the ice & hit another car near head on, both me & the driver of the other car are both ok but looks like both cars are written off,

i've been told the zed has £11k worth of damage so they are going to write her off.

any ideas what offer they should give me for the car?

car is/ was for sale on here-

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16370

any ideas what to get next? given the fact it's a buyers market at the min i'm hoping to get a bargain.

i'm not fussed about having a super fast car, want something fairly economical but must look nice & be less than 5 yrs old

maybe a 320 msport diesel, civic type R, alfa GT??

Unfortunatly I had an accdent in the zed on Tues, i braked, the abs kicked in but i slid in the ice & hit another car near head on, both me & the driver of the other car are both ok but looks like both cars are written off,

i've been told the zed has £11k worth of damage so they are going to write her off.

any ideas what offer they should give me for the car?

car is/ was for sale on here-

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16370

any ideas what to get next? given the fact it's a buyers market at the min i'm hoping to get a bargain.

i'm not fussed about having a super fast car, want something fairly economical but must look nice & be less than 5 yrs old

maybe a 320 msport diesel, civic type R, alfa GT??

Buy an M3, I have....... ;)

Sorry to hear that dude, glad you are ok though! It has been super slippy out there

Best thing you can do is right now start copying details of adverts similar to your car for condition, spec age etc. Especially if there are any expensive ones that are not as good as yours was.

Then if the insurance acomes back with a shite offer you can contest it with evidence! The reason i say now as if it takes a few weeks for them to get their act together then prices may have dropped even further. (i doubt it due to economy but you never know) The main reason being the march new plate will reduce them a few hundred etc

I think it does depend who your insured with as well. I was insured on a 172 clio a few years ago and that to my and everone else's shock was written off. I got a really impressive offer from direct line which i didnt even hesitate at accepting and managed to get a lower mileage, 12 month newer exmaple!

Remember you can refuse their first offer and they will normally up it if you can prove you cannot buy one like yours for the money they offer! Also if you have any eveidence of recent service, tyres, etc etc will all help when dealing with the adjuster.

sorry about your crash mate! The most important thing is all concerned are safe and sound :thumbs:

Craig is spot on in his advice. i had similar experience way back and got an improved offer after holding my ground and providing evidence from both trade and peronal sales. :)

good luck

Harsh luck mate, the main thing is that you are ok.

I hope you aren't insured with the Flux btw!!! :headhurt:

The 330cd m-sport is a really spot on car if your looking for a diesel, one of the best I have been in (my dad used to have one by the way)

Sorry to hear about your car but glad to hear that you and the other driver walked out of the accident unscathed; how fast were you both going when you colided and what was he driving and how did that fare?

As for a new car, the BMW 330d and 320d both sound like good options.

Harsh luck mate, the main thing is that you are ok.

I hope you aren't insured with the Flux btw!!! :headhurt:

The 330cd m-sport is a really spot on car if your looking for a diesel, one of the best I have been in (my dad used to have one by the way)

Sorry to hear about the crash. At least both of you were ok. Kevo, are Adrian Flux not good at paying out on claims?

cheers guys,

2 weeks on & they have still not given me a price for settlement yet.

I've been onto them everyday so far & they have promised me a price tommoro, so will have to wait & see.

I've just started a new job 30 miles away from home & now lift share with 2 others so need 4 seats so another 350 is not best idea at the min.

i test drove the alfa GT diesel on Sat & was impressed, nothing like the 350 but that is to be expected, but i think they look sharp, are economical & go well for a diesel. not 100% sure though, all depends how much they offer me.

it's a pitty as my new job is working for an insurance broker & can get awesome rates to insure 350's!!

once i'm fully up & running i will post my details & i will almost certainly be able to beat your quote,(providing you are over 25)

I will let u all know how claim goes & post my contact details to save you some cash on your insurance!!

:thumbs: