Oil catch tanks

Martin W

Got one on but not plumbed in yet!

Ian has one fitted..

An oil catch can will "catch" the oil vapor that is released through your PCV system and condense the vapor in the can so that you don't recirculate nasty oil sludge back into your intake tract.

Got one on but not plumbed in yet!

Ian has one fitted..

An oil catch can will "catch" the oil vapor that is released through your PCV system and condense the vapor in the can so that you don't recirculate nasty oil sludge back into your intake tract.

Been 'Wiki' reading - so where does the sludge go? :wacko:

If you have taken your plenum off you will see the sludge!

I have the 5zigen one fitted but needs plumbing in... Issue is that the 5zigen is sold as a 350z / universal part... Kev at Envy was speaking to them so they could provide the right size hose and bracket for the kit...

Its at the front

Untitled-3.jpg

There is a lovely ARC one that has has an extra tube that fits into another part of the system

One thing is that the plastic hoses even though re-enforced can twist and kink, so best to get some metal sleved tube. also the fittings are tight under the engine cover so depending on where you put the can you may need some 180 and 90 degree bends....

Also the tubes will go brown with the oil so the silicon or braided hoses will look cleaner!

If you have taken your plenum off you will see the sludge!

I have the 5zigen one fitted but needs plumbing in... Issue is that the 5zigen is sold as a 350z / universal part... Kev at Envy was speaking to them so they could provide the right size hose and bracket for the kit...

Its at the front

Untitled-3.jpg

There is a lovely ARC one that has has an extra tube that fits into another part of the system

:lol: Its the ARC one that started this thread....

arcoilcat-1223113262-230.jpg

This is mine.

i went for the universal 9mm Cusco can & used samco hose instead of the clear one that came with it (Cusco can only comes with 1m hose & you will need 2m)

DSC_1165.jpg

I also have 2m of blue samco hose for sale which will fit with a 9mm can ;)

This is mine.

i went for the universal 9mm Cusco can & used samco hose instead of the clear one that came with it (Cusco can only comes with 1m hose & you will need 2m)

DSC_1165.jpg

I also have 2m of blue samco hose for sale which will fit with a 9mm can ;)

Looks quality mate, expect a few PM's B)

Have your strut brace bolts rusted though?

They have a bit, hopefully I can clean them up a bit though. The bonnet vents are right over the bolts so they take a lot of water on :dry:

Does it do much, mpg, power?

MPG increased to 50mpg & gained an extra 75bhp ;)