final update on my son's bike crash fiasco

nixy

Just wanted to say to those that can remember this topic - finally after 6 months of stress and worrying a letter arrived from cumbria police to say that they are taking no further action regarding this. They had told him they were going to persue a prosecution for no insurance and insurance fraud due to having a non road legal akrapovic exhaust system and no restrictor kit fitted on the bike. They said minimum 6-9 points and 1000 fine plus he would lose his job if he had a fraud conviction (working in the prison service). All over now and big relief but just be careful out there with not declaring mods and having non road legal extras! It hasn't been worth the worry!

Thanks again to Martin for rescuing the wreckage of the bike and storing it and to other people who gave me advice on the police side of things (you know who you are!) :thumbs:

the bike has gone but he's got a civic type R now (takes after me) still worry about it but 4 wheels better than 2! As for grounding him - I thought it might be easier if I move out without telling him! :lol:

Good new mate.

I had a bad crash a while ago on my bike where i t boned a car that pulled out in front of me. Loads of injuires and nearly died. I had loads of witness's saying it was his fualt including him but apperently not enought evidence to even give him a fine :rant::rant:

They tired to say i was at fault and do me for it .

Glad you son is alright and hope he didnt get too hurt in his crash :teeth:

Glad it's sorted, went threw something similar myself as a lad - except I hit a cop car ! no reg plates, no baffles. got off but can't say how. Then got hot hatch instead due to parental pressure. Won't tell you more as you'll just worry ( especially if you found out I totalled that on a diesel coated bend, hit kerb, flew sideways through air and cut car in half 4 inches behind front seats using a lampost as a cheese wire ).

Only got better with age when the feeling of immortallity totally wore off. Well that and deciding to take up kart racing to let off my need for speed and teach me to drive quickly but safely. Still don't take the ESP off though, every now and then it'll just lend a hand and calm me down - old habits.

Personally I still can't believe your old enough to have a kid that can drive ;)

Glad it's sorted, went threw something similar myself as a lad - except I hit a cop car ! no reg plates, no baffles. got off but can't say how. Then got hot hatch instead due to parental pressure. Won't tell you more as you'll just worry ( especially if you found out I totalled that on a diesel coated bend, hit kerb, flew sideways through air and cut car in half 4 inches behind front seats using a lampost as a cheese wire ).

Only got better with age when the feeling of immortallity totally wore off. Well that and deciding to take up kart racing to let off my need for speed and teach me to drive quickly but safely. Still don't take the ESP off though, every now and then it'll just lend a hand and calm me down - old habits.

Personally I still can't believe your old enough to have a kid that can drive ;)

You said you weren't going to tell me! Now i'm worried again..........you're right though, its definitely a boy thing and sometimes these little scares are what teach you a lesson. And thanks for the compliment!

Really good news. I said it would be a better year for you so get that smile back on your face (and get yourself to Wales) :D:D

:thumbs:

I have to go - can't back out now. That's why I never commit - i always leave myself the option of joining in with something at the last minute but know I don't have to. BUT once I've said i'll do something I do it....... :scare:

oh i see, not the see you next tuesday word? That's naughty! Oh well, the gay thing will please some of the others for a few seconds! :lol:

Glad you survived! ;)

No it was not that word but very close to it and same thing really :lol::lol:

I bet i get banned now :lol:

Don't say you glad i survied too soon you dont know me yet. :lol: