350Z

craigo

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... gLetter=56

Blue with doovde nav!

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... gLetter=06

Slightly over budget, with some haggling, there is a chance this could be had for your budget. Autotrader seems quite tricky, some are wildly over priced with a few little gems priced correctly tucked in between.

I bought an 06 350Z recently in GM grey, it was not the GT model but in 06 and later cars the non-GT model includes many of the GT features; the only difference is it doesn't have electric leather seats, cruise control or the sub-woofer (all of which I can live without). It still has xenon lights, led rear lights, bluetooth, steering wheel phone/hi-fi controls, Rays alloys etc. The standard seats are still "racing" type and comfy!

I was looking for a GT initially but as mine had above average (motorway and fully serviced) mileage it was only 12.5k, and it even had the "paintshield" protection shield fitted. With the balance of warranty this was a great deal (corroding Rays alloys and skipping CD player just replaced for free!), rather than sticking to anolder GT model for the same budget.

You may be able to get a more recent non-GT model if you expand your searches. Or a cheaper one and have new seats or sound system fitted (the Nissan systems, even in the GT model, are pretty cack).

sound advice. too much is made of the GT pack when so many swap the head unit and can get better leather done for about £500 - unless you want to heat your bum of course! It's surprising how many 'non zed' people think the GT denotes a faster car. :wacko:

in 06 and later cars the non-GT model includes many of the GT features; the only difference is it doesn't have electric leather seats, cruise control or the sub-woofer (all of which I can live without). It still has xenon lights, led rear lights, bluetooth, steering wheel phone/hi-fi controls, Rays alloys etc.

I'm sorry but that whole sentence is incorrect. 06 or later non GT car do NOT have anything that pre 06 GT cars have.

xenon lights, bluetooth and steering wheel controls are standard on all uk cars.

Rays and LED rear lights have nothing to do with the car being GT or non GT.

Parkers website says "The modifications arrive after upgrades in 2006 offered an improved quality interior and factory-fitted satellite navigation option, as well as cosmetic tweaks, such as LED rear lights." Parkers must be wrong then re. the lights, my bad. My point is that my non-GT "...STILL has xenon lights, led rear lights, bluetooth, steering wheel phone/hi-fi controls, Rays alloys etc."

As far as I can tell, the only differences between base models and GTs are:

Cruise control

Electric driver's seat

Electric passenger's seat

Heated seats

Leather seat trim

(sourced from Parkers website - may be wrong of course).

Rays seem more common on GT models as far as I can tell, but mine came second hand so not sure what was optional.

In any case the OP may get a great deal if he looked beyond the "GT only" search, I know I did.

in 06 and later cars the non-GT model includes many of the GT features; the only difference is it doesn't have electric leather seats, cruise control or the sub-woofer (all of which I can live without). It still has xenon lights, led rear lights, bluetooth, steering wheel phone/hi-fi controls, Rays alloys etc.

I'm sorry but that whole sentence is incorrect. 06 or later non GT car do NOT have anything that pre 06 GT cars have.

xenon lights, bluetooth and steering wheel controls are standard on all uk cars.

Not quite Sarnie.

You forgot that roadsters do not have the bluetooth/phone controls and the headlights for the facelift 06 models are bi-xenon - a big improvement oven the standard xenon type. Here's the 'official' summary of the difference between the Non GT and the GT (taken from Nissan's brochure for the 06 facelift models). Remember also that pre-facelift cars were still being unloaded from dealers into the latter part of 2006.

"NISSAN 350Z

Grades & equipment

AVAILABLE GRADES

Grade : 350Z

The 350Z is a perfect blend of style and

performance with a high standard of

features.

From £26,495

Grade : 350Z with GT Pack

The 350Z with GT Pack adds a premium

BOSE audio system, cruise control and

heated and electric charcoal leather seats.

From £28,995"

Certainly all facelift 06+ models had the Rays and LEDS as standard.

As for the audio the brochure says:

BOSE 240W Audio

You wont find a sound system like this anywhere else. BOSE engineers have custom deigned the 350Zs audio for the cars unique acoustics. Available on the 350Z with GT Pack, the BOSE audio features the Audiopilot system that monitors noise inside the cabin and adapts the bass and treble accordingly. Seven speakers are strategically placed, including the 10" subwoofer behind the drivers seat.

Hmmmm.... not sure most would agree about the quality of the Bose but I much prefer it off and listen to the sound the car makes itself - that's one of the reasons for buying a ZED, not to have music drowning a better sound. Only switch on the audio when there is a need to drown out other worse noises that sometimes reverberate round the cabin like slow and down ;)

Not quite Sarnie.

You forgot that roadsters do not have the bluetooth/phone controls and the headlights for the facelift 06 models are bi-xenon - a big improvement oven the standard xenon type. Here's the 'official' summary of the difference between the Non GT and the GT (taken from Nissan's brochure for the 06 facelift models). Remember also that pre-facelift cars were still being unloaded from dealers into the latter part of 2006.

"NISSAN 350Z

Grades & equipment

AVAILABLE GRADES

Grade : 350Z

The 350Z is a perfect blend of style and

performance with a high standard of

features.

From £26,495

Grade : 350Z with GT Pack

The 350Z with GT Pack adds a premium

BOSE audio system, cruise control and

heated and electric charcoal leather seats.

From £28,995"

Certainly all facelift 06+ models had the Rays and LEDS as standard.

As for the audio the brochure says:

BOSE 240W Audio

You wont find a sound system like this anywhere else. BOSE engineers have custom deigned the 350Zs audio for the cars unique acoustics. Available on the 350Z with GT Pack, the BOSE audio features the Audiopilot system that monitors noise inside the cabin and adapts the bass and treble accordingly. Seven speakers are strategically placed, including the 10" subwoofer behind the drivers seat.

Hmmmm.... not sure most would agree about the quality of the Bose but I much prefer it off and listen to the sound the car makes itself - that's one of the reasons for buying a ZED, not to have music drowning a better sound. Only switch on the audio when there is a need to drown out other worse noises that sometimes reverberate round the cabin like slow and down ;)

The simple point is that Toffeblock was telling the OP that 06+ non GT cars had some of the features of pre 06 GT cars, which would be misleading.

Yes there were upgrades at 06 but they were to the car in general and irrespective of the car being GT or non GT.

To say an 06 non GT is the same spec as a pre 06 GT is not correct. yes the 06 car will have bi-zenons and LED's etc but that not what you pay the extra on the GT pack for. :)

• 3 weeks later...