so hard to find a black one ? :(

cerealuk

my search for a zed is still ongoing :( Im on a tight budget and looking to spend no more than £10k for a GT 04/54 plate with <40k on the clock. I have managed to find one in orange and a couple in gunmetal grey which meet all these requirements (£9750 for the orange and £10,000 for the gun metal) The gun metal only has 27k on the clock which is a bonus..

problem is i wanted one in black and they seem few and far between, is this always the case or just the way it is at the moment ?

I'm very tempted to go with the gun metal as I'm getting impatient and want my zed!! lol

Always far more GM for sale. It's a very popular colour.

My advice would be to wait for the correct car however I place a lot of importance on colour and wouldn't be happy if it wasn't my first choice!

my search for a zed is still ongoing :( Im on a tight budget and looking to spend no more than £10k for a GT 04/54 plate with <40k on the clock. I have managed to find one in orange and a couple in gunmetal grey which meet all these requirements (£9750 for the orange and £10,000 for the gun metal) The gun metal only has 27k on the clock which is a bonus..

problem is i wanted one in black and they seem few and far between, is this always the case or just the way it is at the moment ?

I'm very tempted to go with the gun metal as I'm getting impatient and want my zed!! lol

wishful thinking in my honest opinion

It may be that if there are less black ones around and its obviously a nice colour then maybe they cost a little more and push it out of your budget.

when I was looking for a lotus I found that the yellow, red and green ones were a lot cheaper than black with silver and blue somewhere in the middle. But a black one with black wheels would fetch a lot more,

Maybe that is something to do with it?

I am less fussy with colour I wouldnt go for something I dont like but I have never set my heart on only 1 colour. Things like milage is more important in my mind, when I was Zed shopping blue black and GM would have been fine for me!

27k is pretty good and the zed looks good in GM - but then I would say that!

I was in a similar situation when I got my Zed, I too found that Black was more expensive but I held out though and got the one that I wanted and haven't regretted it.

Many years ago I bought an XR2i when I wanted an RS Turbo and regretted it every time I saw an RS, so I always now wait and get the model, spec and colour I want.

I got a black one,m similar spec :teeth:1111111111.jpg

But its not for sale sorry

Good luck with the search

how do you get that effect mate? care to share with a fellow photoshopper! :teeth:

Zedrush: your car looks awesome!! :thumbs:

Its one of my mate who done it for me, i just phoned him, he uses a program called "light room" says its easy. I dont know anything about it, I have only just worked out how to post a pic up on the forum

im looking to buy my first Zed and i am looking at the exact same spec as you but without the limitation of the colour factor. where are you searching for these cars as all i can find is ones over 10k. are you looking for a UK car?

hi welcome to the forum :)

your best bit is to message people and put in offers, for the kind of age/spec im after most people are looking for £12k but if you contact them its suprising how many people will accept £10k for a quick deal. I can put you in touch with the guy selling the GM I was considering if you like, he is in the navy and away at the mo but is looking to sell when he gets back (think i got his ad off piston heads) is a 54 plate GT with <30k on the clock, is due a service soon however but all the tyres are good apparently. I would have gone for it but im going to hold out for a black one :) Also found a dealer looking to shift a 06 black one with 20k(ish) iirc for £13k, again im tempted but a little over my tight budget. All the cars ive looked at are UK cars with full GT pack :)

happy hunting and if you find a black one i call shotgun! :) :)