350z Milltek Exhaust NOW ON!!! New Pics.......

hawkie350z

It is quiet especially as I still got the standard cats on. But sounds better than the standard Nissan exhaust. I just sorted out my stereo so didn't want a loud exhaust anyway. Been there done that. I will try & post a video in a few weeks for the sound. B)

It is quiet especially as I still got the standard cats on. But sounds better than the standard Nissan exhaust. I just sorted out my stereo so didn't want a loud exhaust anyway. Been there done that. I will try & post a video in a few weeks for the sound. B)

Would be great to hear a few vids at different revs etc, as theres only the one vid online.

I think most will agree it seems the Milltek is a a very high quality exhaust, although it should for the price. Id just be interested to hear the difference over the standard system. I like the standard at low revs and idle, it just lacks a harder edge at the top and full throttle, does the Milltek fix this?

Also have you noticed any torque or power gains?

Cheers

I'd say the sound is barely noticable at low or high revs. Very similar in loudness to the standard. But as the exhaust is bigger bore 76mm than the standard 60mm the car has more power than std at higher revs. But also seems just as torquey if not a bit more. Think my old exhaust was coked up a lot. B)

ECU=No gains?

I do know this but there definately is a difference so must have been due to my old standard exhaust being so coked up with crap inside.

It doesn't adjust instantly so there may be some initial gains which ebb away.

ECU=No gains?

I do know this but there definately is a difference so must have been due to my old standard exhaust being so coked up with crap inside.

+1 - from what I've heard on the US forums, the ECU will give some gains when you first fit breathing mods, but eventually dials it out as it re-learns how much of each parameter it needs to keep it to the target HP/torque. This is why so many dynos show gains if they are done the instant the parts are fitted but show no gain over time :headhurt:

ECU=No gains?

+1 - from what I've heard on the US forums, the ECU will give some gains when you first fit breathing mods, but eventually dials it out as it re-learns how much of each parameter it needs to keep it to the target HP/torque. This is why so many dynos show gains if they are done the instant the parts are fitted but show no gain over time :headhurt:

Does anyone else know more about this? because apart from increasing the sound, whats the point in upgrading intake and exhaust components?

Milltek claim to give increased performance, yet if the ECU is going to undo all their good work its seems like a waste of money.

Im really interested in buying a Milltek, but if this is correct ill have to rethink it.

I'd say the sound is barely noticable at low or high revs. Very similar in loudness to the standard. But as the exhaust is bigger bore 76mm than the standard 60mm the car has more power than std at higher revs. But also seems just as torquey if not a bit more. Think my old exhaust was coked up a lot. B)

So what about higher up the rev range? any drone at motorway speeds? It's nice looking anyway, will have to consider it in the future. B)

• 1 month later...
:) Be interesting to hear how different this is over a "Y" Pipe system.

This Milltek cat back system still has the Y pipe after the cats then going into the 3" diameter centre pipe & finally into the huge but lighter than std Back box. No drones on motorways. Sounds the same as the standard system but with just a little more grunt when you boot it. This exhaust also seems to rev a bit more freely up the rev range than the std.