Hi everybody

First I'd like to introduce myself. Recenetly upgraded from an MR2 to a Gun Metal 55 350Z. Absoltley loving it but I've a couple of simple queries that I couldn't answer from searching:

1) Heated seats. The manual states that these shouldn't be left switched on while out of the car. Do these work with no key in the ignition and drain the battery?

2) Steering lock. Only seems to work anti-clockwise and at a lot further degree than other cars I've owned. Is this normal and do other owners bother with it or rely on the immobiliser instead?

Cheers,

Phil

:welcome: Phil. Have never left the heated seats on but assume they work through the ignition & this is just a safety issue, & you wouldn't want to be starting the car at the same time putting power to the seats. As Mike says I've never really bothered about the steering lock.

Anyway hope the weather improves soon & you can get out and really enjoy your Zed.

:welcome: Phil. Have never left the heated seats on but assume they work through the ignition & this is just a safety issue, & you wouldn't want to be starting the car at the same time putting power to the seats. As Mike says I've never really bothered about the steering lock.

Anyway hope the weather improves soon & you can get out and really enjoy your Zed.

Thanks for the welcomes everybody.

This seems to make sense. I left the heated seats on after I first bought it and thought there was an issue starting the car up but it fired up fine on the second go. Probably was more due to them being switched on while firing the ignition than draining the battery while it was standing.

Having loads of fun already despite the weather. Hope to meet up with some of you at some time.

Thanks for the welcomes everybody.

This seems to make sense. I left the heated seats on after I first bought it and thought there was an issue starting the car up but it fired up fine on the second go. Probably was more due to them being switched on while firing the ignition than draining the battery while it was standing.

Having loads of fun already despite the weather. Hope to meet up with some of you at some time.

Welcome to the forum Phil.

1) Heated seats. The manual states that these shouldn't be left switched on while out of the car. Do these work with no key in the ignition and drain the battery?

2) Steering lock. Only seems to work anti-clockwise and at a lot further degree than other cars I've owned. Is this normal and do other owners bother with it or rely on the immobiliser instead?

As Stew's already said, they do switch off when the ignition does, but always a good idea for them to be off when not in use, in case of shorts etc.

Do you mean you turn it anti-clockwise to lock it, if yes, my Z is the opposite, ie turn it clockwise to lock. And yes I have a booty alarm system so that's always on too.