Newbie Question

T2

I did a search so sorry if this has queried before

2 questions about a 04 z

Do you get a alarm sound if you leave your light's on if the engine is off ? and is there meant to be a bleeping to tell you you have not put your seatbelt on?.

The reason I ask is every car I have had as had this and i am just wondering if the person before me has disconnected something

sorry for the silly question :surrender:

I did a search so sorry if this has queried before

2 questions about a 04 z

Do you get a alarm sound if you leave your light's on if the engine is off ? and is there meant to be a bleeping to tell you you have not put your seatbelt on?.

The reason I ask is every car I have had as had this and i am just wondering if the person before me has disconnected something

sorry for the silly question :surrender:

You will get a warning if you open the door that the lights are left on and engine is switched off but if just sitting in the car with the lights on and the doors shut and then switching the engine off - no. :)

And yes you should have audible warning if belts are not done done up when you move off after a few seconds and a visual warning lit up on the dash. If that is not working it sounds like the connector under the seat(s) are disconnected - a favourite of those plonkers who choose not to wear belts so they don't get the irritating warning. :dry:

I will check under the seats for the connector but i get nither warning :help:

I will need to try and find out what going on with the lights was hoping it may have just been something disconnected very strange, I wonder if anyone has come accross this before ?

Purposely drove in the car park at work today with no seatbelt on (and above 5 mph) light on but no audible alarm. Mine is an 04.

If I did that I'd get sacked! It's written into my contract! I don't even drive for my job..... :wacko:

I will try the chime next time I'm out!