Passenger Side Central Locking

ireynolds

I got my car about 3 weeks ago, and so far - loving the experience.

It wasnt until the other day that someone else needed to get in too. And I realised that the passenger side door is temperamental in unlocking from the key fob.

The strange thing is, sometimes it does work. and if i press the button on the door to central lock, it works first time every time...so there is nothing wrong with the central locking motor.

I assume this isnt a feature of the car....is there anyewhere i should start looking to resolve this?

You have to press the key entry button twice to include the unlocking of the passenger door and as you have found, you only need to press the close button once for both doors to lock.

If you refer to your handbook you will see you can alter the setting so that both doors unlock with just one press of the entry button. ;)

If you havn't got a handbook let us know and it can be sorted out. ( at the moment it is absolutely chucking it down here so not venturing out to get my handbook from the car just yet!)

If you refer to your handbook you will see you can alter the setting so that both doors unlock with just one press of the entry button. ;)

Hold both the open button and close button at the same time for 5 secs IIRC to change the setting ;)

Its an anti carjacking facility.

Took me over two years to realise that by holding down the display button for the multi-function display for a few seconds the time is displayed and then reverts to what was previously displayed - use it all the time now - well not all the time - you know what I mean!

Took me over two years to realise that by holding down the display button for the multi-function display for a few seconds the time is displayed and then reverts to what was previously displayed - use it all the time now - well not all the time - you know what I mean!

That sounds good, tried the lock pattern changing on my 53 plate and can't get it to work, hoping its just me being stupid and someone else can do it at a meet soon...

Hold both the open button and close button at the same time for 5 secs IIRC to change the setting ;)

For anyone not having success, Sarnie is nearly right - but the book says you push the buttons simultaneously for more than 5 seconds

Just repeat the procedure if you want to go back to just the driver's door lock opening.

For anyone not having success, Sarnie is nearly right - but the book says you push the buttons simultaneously for more than 5 seconds

Just repeat the procedure if you want to go back to just the driver's door lock opening.

Now it works, cheers bud :thumbs: