Has your MPG dropped with the cold weather??

adammitch69

Afternoon people.

Noticed that my average MPG has dropped from 28 to 24. I drive the same miles each week consisting of early commute to Leeds driving like a saint on the M62 then playful driving on the weekend.

My drop in MPG seems to co-inside with the recent freezing temperatures. Is this to be expected??

On the plus side my JWT appears to love the cold air :-)

regars

Adam

Yep - i've been driving like a tool this last month - but because of the lovely price of petrol nowadays!! Im enjoying it while i can! Plus, i've found this awesome road i can drive home on - its about 10mins out of my way, but its the best driving road around here - i only get out of 3rd gear on 1 part of it!

My JDM average fuel pod has dropped from 12.1km/l, to 6.9km/l currently...! Sweeet.

:teeth:

how the hell did you get 12.1! Most i've had is about 8.9 and its dropped below that now!

I had a post about my fuel consumption a few months ago... i was very skint, so was driving very economically (i.e. never used my brakes!). It was actually pretty entertaining, and i was going faster around some corners, which i guess is more fun!

how the hell did you get 12.1! Most i've had is about 8.9 and its dropped below that now!

I had a post about my fuel consumption a few months ago... i was very skint, so was driving very economically (i.e. never used my brakes!). It was actually pretty entertaining, and i was going faster around some corners, which i guess is more fun!

That is a great plan on saving your fuel bill by flying around the corners but what about those slick tyres you are running, they must need changing by now. :lol:

Heated seats on, air con on to clear the screen, more short journeys as it's freezing, sitting the car on the driveway to warm up the interior before going anywhere.....

I would have thought these wer the real culprits!