Picture Update (Bike Picture Warning)

Kev946

Superb kev B) termi's sound awesome, horrible to get stuck at a junction behind someone who has them, you can hardly breath :blush:

whats with those chicken strips :blush:

looks ace B)

Yep chicken strips....only has 450 miles though so treating her gently at the mo... :thumbs:

Superb kev B) termi's sound awesome, horrible to get stuck at a junction behind someone who has them, you can hardly breath :blush:

whats with those chicken strips :blush:

looks ace B)

Yep chicken strips....only has 450 miles though so treating her gently at the mo... :thumbs:

why have crash bungs if you're not going to use them ;)

i like the R1 very smooth power delivery :thumbs:

did you need power commander and map for the termi's ?

That looks B) It's amazing how something as simple as crash bobbins can make such a big difference. When my son crashed earlier this year the bobbins protected so much of the side plastic it was amazing - that's what resulted in him getting a good price for the salvage when he sold it. :thumbs:

Thanks guys. REally pleased with the. It's transformed the look and sound of the bike. The next thing is a BMC filter and re-map. I'm not going the Power Commander route as I know a tuner who can re-map the ECU direct. It is running a bit lean I reckon as it pops on over run, but sounds cool though.

Crash bungs a must. I has an off at Mallory park on my 02 R1 and the damage was minimal.

What is a chicken strip?

protectors on the side of the bike

nope :p they are crash bungs,

chicken strips are the strips of the tyre that you have not lent the bike over enough for it to wear away the rubber.

as you can see on the back tyre close to the edges there is about an inch?? (not sure in measurments from the photo) of tyre that looks a different colour, those are the strips.

Adam

What is a chicken strip?

chicken strips are the strips of the tyre that you have not lent the bike over enough for it to wear away the rubber.

as you can see on the back tyre close to the edges there is about an inch?? (not sure in measurments from the photo) of tyre that looks a different colour, those are the strips.

Adam

Damn was having an anchorman moment then :lol::blush:

brian fantana: what in the hell'z diversity?

ron burgundy: I could be wrong, but i believe that diversity is an old, old wooden ship from the civil war era.

What is a chicken strip?

Adam

Correct. Now you should see the rear tyre of my 02 R1 now it's been on 2 track days. Looks like it's been ridden by someone who knows what he's doing... :lol: Nice and shredded.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Next upgrade after a re-map is some short billet levers in gold of course... ;) Then I'm done, I don't like to see a new bike too modded, just subtle.

Very nice kev!

takes me back.... .ahhhhh the thought of another bike has been on my mind for a while!

termi's rock though.....

And loving the slightly retro paintjob...... :thumbs:

Thanks mate. I had the choice of all 3 colour schemes, but the retro Blue with gold wheels did it for me... :thumbs: