WHICH SPRINGS & HOW LOW SHOULD I GO? Belly on the floor

givememorepower

I've checked recent threads, but wanted to know if :

Anyone out there who has lowered there car enough,(silly low), that they don't suffer from driving round the block to find a street without speed bumps so they don't make sparks and scrapes!?

I gather from reading posts that most go for 25mm, but how low can I actually go?? (2006 Z)

Which spring are recommended from experience, (not bothered about playing with constant adjustments) and will they get my bank manager rubbing his hands together as I walk up to the cash machine to withdraw funds?

Cheers.

If you want silly low, get coilovers not springs. Lowest i've seen have nearly all been dropped on Stance coilovers (search my350z for these). You will probably need your arches rolled aswell & quite possibly camber arms

You need your arches rolled using RSR Sport*i coilovers too!! Unless you run hard at the back!

Your wheel size and offsets will affect how the springs or coilovers rub. If the offset is too much you may rub against the arch...

Its not as easy as just slamming it....

hiya mate iv got 19's and lowered the car around 15mm (think its that amount) on just weitec springs rides abit firmer but definatly handles better and is a cheap option!!!

But i have to be carefullover certain speedbumps as i suffer with clearence probs sometimes, put it this way went over a dead rabbit and cleared it up big time :lol: made a mess!!! Doesnt help having the DC system on though as its twin pipes of the manifold, no Y section so it hangs lower!! ill post a pic up of my car so you can see how it sits :thumbs:

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Remember the possiblity of sag.

Nissan spent £££s setting up the damper spring balance and did further development on UK spec cars. That is part of the reason why mags such as EVO rate it as their fav car of its type. Changing spring height and ratings without extensive development work on all aspects of chasis setup is very unlikely to help the handling.

The 350Z does look good lowered though.

Some cracking pics. Sexy sexy sexy.

I'd sooner just lower say by 25mm then if that's the straight forward option. Keeping my standard nissan 18" wheels cos I like them, and not really in favour of rolling the arches.

If I just replace the springs on their own, purely to improve the appearance of my car, will I still suffer from 'sag', and will it affect the handling of my car at all in a negative way??

(never lowered a car yet, and I've had around 14 cars so far!)