ESR may be slow the next few days

bigphil

Sounds interesting. Be warned that due to the nature of the Zed ECU, it has a tendancy to tune out any gains that things like intake and exhaust offer. I wanted to get that out there so that if he does notice it offers no increase in BHP then you know why. The ECU is clever sod and only works within its own limits, which basically means if you increase flow, it just wont use it. The throttle is fly-by-wire and as such even if you give it full beans it wont open all the way :rant:

Still, you can make it make a nice noise B)

Andrew: I sent an email through a while ago to Phil. Its not urgent, but need it sorting as soon as he can once he's back. Dont rush him though. :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand the problems with these ecu's, i am from the 200sx and skyline scene so this battling for power is new!!

As my Z is currently standard it 'should' (using should loosly there) be running to the lower end of its paramiters, so it 'should have some headroom for a little easier breathing.

And after hearing lots of my friends systems i am pretty sure its gunna sound B):scare:B)

Again it is in the early days but how it has worked in the past is

I take my car in and we look at all the options and dyno the car

The system is then built from scratch using high quality stainless, i then take it away test it, report any faults etc and the system is adjusted until it is perfect then dyno'd

my system will then be taken back off and my friend builds a jig to allow him to make more all exactly the same, making it a direct bolt on, of which ESR, if there is enough intrest will stock the system!

I will say it again this is in the very early stages and not set in concrete

As my Z is currently standard it 'should' (using should loosly there) be running to the lower end of its paramiters, so it 'should have some headroom for a little easier breathing.

From what I've seen, the parameters are tighter than a nunns chuff, so good luck getting anywhere with it. We're still waiting for the magical pill that can get us to have a car that rewards the mods. :headhurt:

sounds good matey, looking forward to hearing more .............

+1 - always up for something a bit different :thumbs:

WOW that looks B) so much better than the covered up v6 at the min.

I have a rebuilt rb26dett with brand new genuine n1 oil and water pumps 1.2mm steel gasket etc etc, will support 500bhp. its freshly painted and sat on its engine stand for sale, but the temptation to dropping it into the Z :D

Just like to chat to someone or see more pics of one done!

will do i am very familiar with engine transplants and the rb eninges. Just want to know about work required to get it in and how they over came the wiring!

:teeth:

My wife will not be happy!! lol

if i had enough cash now i would start it 2nite !!

Good man! :yahoo::yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
WOW that looks B) so much better than the covered up v6 at the min.

I have a rebuilt rb26dett with brand new genuine n1 oil and water pumps 1.2mm steel gasket etc etc, will support 500bhp. its freshly painted and sat on its engine stand for sale, but the temptation to dropping it into the Z :D

Just like to chat to someone or see more pics of one done!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_MNQf_t6Qgc

Video of a Z with an RB26 B)

Anyone know if Phil is back at ESR yet? Need to give him a call but dont want to if hes still ill, its not that urgent. Havent seen any posts since the 17th.

Hope he's feeling better now :thumbs:

Ordered some stuff Wednesday - still not back

OK, thanks :thumbs:

Might contact Andrew then, I'm sure he can help :)

Anyone know if Phil is back at ESR yet? Need to give him a call but dont want to if hes still ill, its not that urgent. Havent seen any posts since the 17th.

Hope he's feeling better now :thumbs:

Ordered some stuff Wednesday - still not back

OK, thanks :thumbs:

Might contact Andrew then, I'm sure he can help :)

He's certainly efficient. Spoke to him and paid for some DS2500's at about 3pm and they were with me 9A.M nextday = :thumbs:

Hi Guys,

Andrew here,

Phil's back, he is out to lunch at the moment, and will more than likely be finishing early as he is still not in tip top condition.

If you need to speak to him, best time will be about half past 2

Hope he is ok for the xmas meet, he says he will be :)

Thanks,

Andrew