370z Nismo Brochure

ersen.o

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 2 pics are about the 370's rev matching capabilitys so it basically heal and toes for you!!

Does the existing tiptronic 'box not rev-match then? Genuine question, never driven one so I have no idea but I'd be amazed if it didn't.

Nope, can't see how. Unless it's got some kind of semi-auto mode, then there's no way you could get a manual to rev-match. It's impossible without removing some kind of control away from the driver (either the clutch engagement or the throttle control).

Quotes off my350z

"The all new 6MT can do a proper rev-match automatically,"

"How do you think it'll work?

Probably the same gear shifting pattern as 6MT but no clutch? as you up shift, it automatically puts the gear in place. Also, as you downshift, there's maybe a little clip before every gear that initiates the throttle blip and you get a rev match?? Very interesting."

"basically what i gather from this (the picture) is. it does what the auto does now by bliping the throttle when you downshift

the pic is showing you the traditional way of doing it then telling you dont need to use the heel toe technique as the car now does it for you"

So you press a button, put the car into a special no-clutch mode and as soon as it detects you moving the gear knob it disengages the clutch for you and ignores whatever you're doing to the throttle pedal and sorts it out all by itself? Or do they mean you push a button and the MT becomes an auto? Or even as you engage the gear it sorts the clutch out for you (would mean that there must be some kind of mechanism that disengages the clutch cable) and again ignores the throttle input? None of that makes any sense to me at all, guess I'll have to wait and see when the car comes out.

So you press a button, put the car into a special no-clutch mode and as soon as it detects you moving the gear knob it disengages the clutch for you and ignores whatever you're doing to the throttle pedal and sorts it out all by itself? Or do they mean you push a button and the MT becomes an auto? Or even as you engage the gear it sorts the clutch out for you (would mean that there must be some kind of mechanism that disengages the clutch cable) and again ignores the throttle input? None of that makes any sense to me at all, guess I'll have to wait and see when the car comes out.

Yep!!! I dont get the concept either but I am off for a search!!

does our 350z do that?

when im driving and i quickly dip my clutch, my revs always seem to rise about 500-1k??

That's more to do with the dual-mass flywheel I should imagine. Extra weight being transferred into extra motion so it's spins up even though the clutch is disengaged.

I think. Could well be wrong, mind.