Sky existing customers

nixy

Phoned sky last night to scale down my package. Hardly ever watch the movies and since Leeds Utd are no longer prolific on TV hardly ever watch sky sports. Most of the bike racing etc is on eurosport or normal tv.

I am currently paying £57 a month for sky+ which includes £10 for multiroom - :scare:

I phoned them and said I wanted to cancel multiroom and change my subscription to cancel the premium packages but keep all the 'entertainment' packages. Surprise surprise - all of a sudden they have a special offer and can let me keep it all for £30 a month until the end of January! I realise they do this in the hope that when it comes to it you will keep it after that time has expired. In fact we have done this before a few years ago.

Anyway, if anyone wants to save a few quid in this current climate I'd recommend giving them a call but don't ask for the offer - just tell them you are going to cancel or go onto a cheaper deal. :thumbs:

Something similar happens everyear, I lose my signal from about April to November when the trees are in leaf, live in a valley and the trees block the signal so I cancel in March. Come September Oct time I usually

get a phone call offering me a reduced fee if I sign up again, as I was going to anyway I accept. Afew notes saved :D

Something similar happens everyear, I lose my signal from about April to November when the trees are in leaf, live in a valley and the trees block the signal so I cancel in March. Come September Oct time I usually

get a phone call offering me a reduced fee if I sign up again, as I was going to anyway I accept. Afew notes saved :D

Cant you reposition the dish to avoid the tree's?

Good call, sticking with the same mobile company despite threatening to leave usually gets similar results, I knocked my monthly fee with O2 down from £27.50 to £20 and only paid £20 for my new handset rather than the £160 that they originally wanted by threatening to join Vodafone. I quoted a better offer from elsewhere (this may or may not have actually existed! :blush:

Cant you reposition the dish to avoid the tree's?

Tried everything, had three separate companies try but to no avail.

It was the customer service number which I got off the interactive screen. Just followed the menu on the phone until I got the "I want to reduce my package" menu. I reckon that actually puts you through to a retention hotline! I've also heard if you threaten to cancel altogether you can get it half price for 3 months. Lots of tips about sky on moneysavingexpert.com

that was another tip on moneyexpert.com if you move house or have a technical problem which they charge you for - say you will cancel rather than pay it and they will do it half price or free (apparently)

I think I will cancel mine altogether after xmas and just stick with freeview channels - I personally don't watch a massive amount of sky tv anyway - its mainly the couch potato that uses it!

It was the customer service number which I got off the interactive screen. Just followed the menu on the phone until I got the "I want to reduce my package" menu. I reckon that actually puts you through to a retention hotline! I've also heard if you threaten to cancel altogether you can get it half price for 3 months. Lots of tips about sky on moneysavingexpert.com

I've just had some fun :teeth:

Phoned Sky as I'm also paying £57 per month. They have taken away the crap I don't watch such as music etc reducing it to £52. They then credited my account with £50. They have also taken over my landline, to which I pay BT £12 a month for, and Sky are paying that £12 a month on my behalf for the next 12 months.

Happy enough with that i though I'll phone Setanta as I pay them £12.99 a month too, they immediately halved the subscription till end of February.

I'm well happy with that. Thats just saved me about £280 over the next 12 months by my calculations, which aint bad for 20 mins on the phone :yahoo:

Phoned Sky as I'm also paying £57 per month. They have taken away the crap I don't watch such as music etc reducing it to £52. They then credited my account with £50. They have also taken over my landline, to which I pay BT £12 a month for, and Sky are paying that £12 a month on my behalf for the next 12 months.

Happy enough with that i though I'll phone Setanta as I pay them £12.99 a month too, they immediately halved the subscription till end of February.

I'm well happy with that. Thats just saved me about £280 over the next 12 months by my calculations, which aint bad for 20 mins on the phone :yahoo:

Nice result B)

You dont ask you dont get ;)

Anyone got the number for Shell petrol, might tell them i am not using anymore of their petrol :lol:

Nice result B)

Anyone got the number for Shell petrol, might tell them i am not using anymore of their petrol :lol:

Just told Dom Perignon that I can't afford to drink their champagne anymore..........didn't work though :lol:

Would love to do this at Asda/Tesco/Sainsburys with the 'weekly shop' :lol::lol:

We had something similar with Sky. Sky+ box less than a year old was messing up recording, and they were going to charge us £70 call out fee plus repairs - erm, no, I don't think so!! Like someone has said, they really do try to rip you off and if you don't ask you don't get! Saying 'oh okay then, please transfer me through to subscriptions as I would like to cancel' usually does the trick.

(oh and also got us three months worth of absolutely free viewing after sending them a strongly worded complaint letter re a botched installation!)

Same thing goes with telephone, internet, insurance providers, etc.

Highly recommend Moneysavingexpert by the way, it's my godsend :thumbs::D

Nice result B)

Just told Dom Perignon that I can't afford to drink their champagne anymore..........didn't work though :lol:

Just told Virgin Atlantic i can no longer afford the flights to Barbados, did not work either. :dry::lol: