hi, newbie interested in buying a Z

hi guys, my old club highly recommended you for advice and general qualities so im hoping you can help me

ive decided i fancy a change of cars, i currently own a celica t-sport 190 and decided to change to the Z

Ive seen a Z in blue with the nismo kit and bose soundsystem etc and its a 53 plate, 69000 miles, the owner is wanting 9995 for it,

what im basically after is a bit of advice on what to look out for, i had problems with the celica and dont want to be stung again when buying the 350

also, who do you get insurance with, im 24 3 years NCB and 2 claims and the best ive been quoted was 800 from bell insurance, good price or not?

a quick pic of the car in question

Hi and welcome to the forum. The price sounds pretty good.

There is a quick buying guide here.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5091

Check the service history, services should be 9k or a year.

There are also some other good bits of info in the FAQ section.

That insurance quote doesnt sound bad but others will give you some pointers. :D

cheers, ive found a buying guide on the FAQ's, ill learn to look instead of jumping in feet first next time, im in north lincolnshire not far from sheffield,

cant wait to get my hands on the Z now but the wife wants me to wait until the morgage renewal is sorted out but it isnt to long away

the car has got a full service history, clutch replaced, all brakes replaced, a couple of the reciepts and services for over a grand,

the owner is selling the car due to him being in the army, he bought it as a toy 2 years ago but he is being posted to afganistan next year and wants to buy a house with his wife this year while there cheap

yes its a private sale, im not to keen on private sales but this is the car im after, the guy seemed genuine enough but they all are when trying to get rid of something

His description of the car:

GT VERSION, 3 Door Coupe, Petrol, Manual, ABS, Air conditioning, 18" RAYS Alloy wheels, Full NISMO body kit, Central locking,Alarm, BOSE 6 CD changer sound system, MOT til July, Tax til Feb, Full UK CAR, Full service history, New pads and Discs,6 speed gear box, 69000 miles, NO AGENCY CALLS. £9,995.

i think thats where im getting worried, good spec, cheap price, somethings got to be wrong... or has it?

i got stung with the celica engine issues, had to spend 2500 getting a replaced after the pistons decided to turn to an oval shape.

i just dont want anything happening like that again

Looks pretty good mate, Azure Blue with the Nismo kit was what i was going to get before the colour was discontinued, looks great :thumbs: Don't worry about the mileage too much, they seem to be good that way, and it's got FSH.

Don't forget your big road tax bill after christmas! :scare:

hi guys, my old club highly recommended you for advice and general qualities so im hoping you can help me

ive decided i fancy a change of cars, i currently own a celica t-sport 190 and decided to change to the Z

Ive seen a Z in blue with the nismo kit and bose soundsystem etc and its a 53 plate, 69000 miles, the owner is wanting 9995 for it,

what im basically after is a bit of advice on what to look out for, i had problems with the celica and dont want to be stung again when buying the 350

also, who do you get insurance with, im 24 3 years NCB and 2 claims and the best ive been quoted was 800 from bell insurance, good price or not?

a quick pic of the car in question

That car isn't a GT...........

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

:)

yeah ive noticed that, it hasnt got the leather (which is a good thing as the misses doesnt like it) and there is no cruise control, this just gives me more control ove the price, ive been to look at the car and can say its in good condition on the outside, the alloy could do with some work but its not to bad and the right sideskirt paint has come off on the inside, neither a problem, the interior could do with a bit of a clean

p1ste i remember you from celica-club, what you doing in these neck of the woods, thought you bought a TT?

yeah ive noticed that, it hasnt got the leather (which is a good thing as the misses doesnt like it) and there is no cruise control, this just gives me more control ove the price, ive been to look at the car and can say its in good condition on the outside, the alloy could do with some work but its not to bad and the right sideskirt paint has come off on the inside, neither a problem, the interior could do with a bit of a clean

p1ste i remember you from celica-club, what you doing in these neck of the woods, thought you bought a TT?

hey hey

you're correct. yeah still have the audi tt. look in my sig ;-)

it's been two years and fancy a change

2 years already? time certainly flies, ive had great fun in the celica, but it lacks the power or i would have kept it, its staying close though, my mate is buying it so ill still see it and work on it

time has flown by.

i do miss the celica in it's own right. it was the longest car i had owned (4 years)

the tt does what the celica was missing, the lack of power, as now i'm running almost 270bhp and probably more lb/ft too ;-)

good luck in the hunt