FALLING PRICES

leon britton

Went to a local trader yesterday, had an 06 for £12,500.Wanted a deal on a monaro he had and he offered £6,000 for my 53 plate with 22,000 on the clock,you can all understand when i walked away muttering a few rude words

After a 6.0 vxr at a local dealer now so gauging the interest in my 350 at around 10k having bought for 12k 4 months ago and spent 2k on it.

Chili import in superb condition with brembos ete etc lots of UK history

There was an interesting article in the Scottish Daily Record newspaper a few weeks ago that my dad showed me. It said the 350z was the 7th most unpopular car for trade ins.

I'd have to agree with the previous poster to ride the storm. The prices will settle down (I hope)

Problem is though, its not like house prices when they fall and then rise again, car prices don't rise again.

In my experience when an economy starts to recover and demand increases, prices for desirable used vehicles will also start to rise. I'm not suggesting that they will go back to what they were, but they will increase to some extent.

Problem is though, its not like house prices when they fall and then rise again, car prices don't rise again.

In my experience when an economy starts to recover and demand increases, prices for desirable used vehicles will also start to rise. I'm not suggesting that they will go back to what they were, but they will increase to some extent.

So it's not all doom and gloom then :)

Regrettably, the Zed is not such a desirable used vehicle or prices would not have collapsed to the extent they have, even with the tax/fuel issue. IMHO the best that can be hoped for is that prices settle and hold for a while. I'll be delighted but gob-smacked if they rise at all.

Regrettably, the Zed is not such a desirable used vehicle or prices would not have collapsed to the extent they have, even with the tax/fuel issue. IMHO the best that can be hoped for is that prices settle and hold for a while. I'll be delighted but gob-smacked if they rise at all.

Totally agree digs, the only saving grace is that all car prices have fallen so what i am going to buy next will have lost money aswell :thumbs:

+1

Anyone thinks that a mass produced car like the 350z will ever increase in value is deluded. It depreciates and another car takes its place. Only something like a mint Ferrari 355 and the like, may ever increase.

Owning one of these 6.0L beasts, I can confirm that Monaro prices are not good either. Can't understand why nobody wants a v8 when petrol prices are falling :lol:

At the end of the day you are trading like for like, a big engined car for another big engined car, that would be my arguement. The only thing about the Monaro is that it could be a future classic with limited imports and the fact that it has been replaced with the VXR8.

Jump on to http://www.hsv.org.uk/ if you are looking for any info or maybe someone will do a swap with you for cash.

:headhurt: My dealer has a UY 05 gt4 in for 14k, he had the same car in 7 months ago at £22995 !!

hello mate, which dealer is this at? would be interested dependent on the mileage on it. cheers

erm :blush: a long way from you mate, slaters in abergele n wales, i'll check the mileage out tomorrow for you :thumbs:

:headhurt: My dealer has a UY 05 gt4 in for 14k, he had the same car in 7 months ago at £22995 !!

hello mate, which dealer is this at? would be interested dependent on the mileage on it. cheers

erm :blush: a long way from you mate, slaters in abergele n wales, i'll check the mileage out tomorrow for you :thumbs:

cheers buddy! do they have a wedsite or something?

cheers buddy! do they have a wedsite or something?

http://www.slaters.com/kcom/ucl/respons ... uerytype=7

they havent dropped the price on the website ?? def not that price on the forecourt

actually think i just found it. they are advertising it at 16995 on the site and say it has 27k on the clock. if it's 14k like you said it sounds like a proper bargain?

actually think i just found it. they are advertising it at 16995 on the site and say it has 27k on the clock. if it's 14k like you said it sounds like a proper bargain?

i'll have a look for you tomorrow mate, they have either not updated the website and dropped the price or put the wrong price on it on the forecourt

i'll have a look for you tomorrow mate, they have either not updated the website and dropped the price or put the wrong price on it on the forecourt

that would be good mate. cheers

that would be good mate. cheers

:thumbs: when it was there originally i took it out for drive, it was spot on, let you know tomorrow, i'll ask about owners, serv history etc if the price is wrong on the website ;)