Press doing a great job of bringing misery to everyone

stanski

the phrase 'Self fulfilling prophecy! ' has never been so true as at the moment - have you seen the way SKY news in particular are so negative about everything?

All you can see on the titles : is UK heading for recession,

the papers are just as bad, in fact most of the telly channels are all the same even BBC is dumbing down to this level of so called journalism.

Yes things are not looking too rosey but whats the point in constantly instilling such negative headlines in peoples minds - you tell them its bad it will be bad!!

Ok so we dont want to watch fluff on the telly and stick our head in the sand but come on be realistic - dont dwell on it - just think our economy is built on how people feel about shares etc etc just as much as strategic decision making!! :rant:

Stepping down from soap box and trying to remain positive!

(PS those barstewards at Opec want to raise price of oil again now - typical - not making enough profit are we??) :boxing:

Agree but its more the need for filling 24 hours of news - and the constant reruns of news items all day long and well bad news sells does'nt it??

Thats fine for selling newspapers and telly but behind all of that peoples lives are actually effected for real!!

:dry:

I think to a degree we've (as a whole) done it to ourselves, the lending establishments etc, but then the media being the media (sorry anyone on here who's in the media), aren't helping the situation. It's a bit like a media feeding frenzy at the moment. Blowing it completely out of proportion, and scaring people unnecessarily, when there really isn't any need to be.

I find Paramount Comedy is far a more factual channel than Sky News.

I rarely watch news and never read red tops.

In the whole Iraq thing I watch Al Jezeera more than the western news to be honest. It's amazing how differently the same event can be reported.

Ignorant Bliss is the way!

:teeth:

I avoid the telly much of the time and dont buy papers as a rule anyway - but at work they have sodding flatscreens on silent with Sky news on! All you can see are the titles repeating all the highlights to the story - and 99% its the over the top - the World is going to end you cant have a house or feed your family anymore - run for your lives type of dramatic crap! :rant:

buy cheap shares, cheap homes, cheap cars...if you have the cash...if not..spend less and save so that you can buy cheap shares, cars and homes...

forget the news...the disaster happened in 2007...it exploded into our lives in 2008, all the remedies have been done mid 2008...the medicine has to fight the infection and make you better...hopefully by mid 2009 things will pick up...its a cycle of events..

unfortunately...the cycle of events is a cash cow for the media and stupid people who prefer to read/watch depressing crap so they can talk about it later on!!!

buy cheap shares, cheap homes, cheap cars...if you have the cash...if not..spend less and save so that you can buy cheap shares, cars and homes...

forget the news...the disaster happened in 2007...it exploded into our lives in 2008, all the remedies have been done mid 2008...the medicine has to fight the infection and make you better...hopefully by mid 2009 things will pick up...its a cycle of events..

unfortunately...the cycle of events is a cash cow for the media and stupid people who prefer to read/watch depressing crap so they can talk about it later on!!!

Very well said - are you a doctor by any chance mate? :lol:

I agree, the problem is the media constantly ramming it down our throats! It makes people panic and by that, people do not go out and spend as much. There is also the problem of the housing market crashing, its only crashing because the media are telling people prices are falling and will keep falling, meaning people will wait longer to buy a place if they are looking to buy. Thus a big circle of events where people dont buy anything meaning those who are selling cant.

Its ridiculous.

Simple solution, if everyone just keeps things going, there will be no recession, however as people tend to be greedy and want to earn more, they will put others out and hence cause problems, so again its a huge big circle of problems that we as humans created.

I dont understand economics, however just print more money and all will be solved.

;)

I agree, the problem is the media constantly ramming it down our throats! It makes people panic and by that, people do not go out and spend as much. There is also the problem of the housing market crashing, its only crashing because the media are telling people prices are falling and will keep falling, meaning people will wait longer to buy a place if they are looking to buy. Thus a big circle of events where people dont buy anything meaning those who are selling cant.

Its ridiculous.

Simple solution, if everyone just keeps things going, there will be no recession, however as people tend to be greedy and want to earn more, they will put others out and hence cause problems, so again its a huge big circle of problems that we as humans created.

I dont understand economics, however just print more money and all will be solved.

;)

Yes exactly my point!

So money printing?? Hmm is the place where the club got their stickers printed - willing to print 20's for us! ;):lol:

I know ;)

However its all about greed, the fat cats want more money and will tramp over anyone to get it, hence the trouble we are now in.

Fat cats, greedy sales bods, investers and money hungry establishments trying to get a decent high interest rate ! Oh well everyone wants something for more of less nothing eh? :surrender: