Small rant - advice needed

Lexx

So, currently I am fuming.

Just been shopping, and when I got back to the car park there was a huge Pajero parked next to me. So out of my usual paranoia I looked round the car to make sure it had no dings.

Luckily it didnt.

What I did discover though was that the back of my car is covered in small flecks of blue paint.

Its all over the rear bumper, boot, rear window, spoiler, and both quarter panels.

It was dark when Id picked my car up after getting back from sea, and then the back of the car was minging filthy by the next day when it was light so i hadnt noticed it.

After having a think Ive realised its been done when the council painted the garage doors of where my car is stored when Im away. Some paint had managed to flick through the small gaps in the wood.

So its been on for almost 2 months.

So, how the hell do I get it off?

Or is it gunna be a VERY expensive trip to a paint shop???

Cheers

Al ( A very gutted Al) :(

If its just normal run of the mill paint, then give it a good wash, get some HD cleanse to get the wax etc off, and hopefully a clay bar would shift it without swirling or scratching.

There are a few professional detaliers around on the forum that may be able to help - if you visit the detailing section you may be able to PM a few and see what they suggest.

That sucks!! First point of call imo is to take a load of photos of it.

As far as getting it off, I am sure if it is just small amounts, you 'might' be able to clay the car to get them off. Would be a good cheap starting point and would get most of them off I would have thought.

I'll get the clay bar on it tomorrow.

Ive phoned council, and they are sending out someone to look at the car on Monday. Apparantly they hadnt informed my mum that they intended to paint the doors, so if it is gunna be a paintshop job then I may be able to get compensation.

Im just gunna do a atest clay to put my own mind at rest. will drive me bonkers waiting till Monday not knowing how big a job it'll be.

If they admit liability, I'll get them to pay for a pro detailer to sort it out (if it will come off with clay that is)

oh no - useless polonkers!! :rant:

If its standard gloss type paint (Dulux ICI)- you can tell by the smell of it - (like household woodwording gloss) you can get it off with white spirit on a rag (be gentle) if not -i.e enamal - then wait for a pro to do it otherwise you have no choice, probably already etched itself into your paint!

If its tiny splatters you should be able to gently polish it out with Mer or Farcela G3.

hope its not too much of a job to fix ?

cheers for all the advice guys.

Gunna get a pro to do it, and get the car detailed at the seem time.

Too many contradicting ideas from people for me to be happy to do it myself.

Hope the council cough up for some of it though! Wonder if they'll pay Craig from Muddy to come all the way over here!

Had a similar problem with white gloss specks on my Red Alfa once. It is horrifying, yet all of the specks pinged off if picked with a nail. Obviously I didn't have time to do that, but a good wash every few days for a few weeks and they came off anyway as they don't stick to wax too well.

Council came out and had a nosey today.

And admitted liability! :D

Got a pro-detailer coming out later in the way to give me a quote to get it sorted (getting rest of car detailed at same time)

So all is good.

Council came out and had a nosey today.

And admitted liability! :D

Got a pro-detailer coming out later in the way to give me a quote to get it sorted (getting rest of car detailed at same time)

So all is good.

good result B)

it would be good if you post up how he removes it :thumbs:

Will do. The guys seems like he knows his stuff. Got his details from Detailing World.

I'll be posting a full set of pics when the cars has been detailed anyway. But I'll be sure to tell you all about his method for future reference.

Will do. The guys seems like he knows his stuff. Got his details from Detailing World.

I'll be posting a full set of pics when the cars has been detailed anyway. But I'll be sure to tell you all about his method for future reference.

If he is needing somewhere to work undercover you are welcome to use our place.