Keyboard Dyslexia. Help

martinmac

I am prone to typing faster than I can think and make the odd error but this one has me perplexed.

I am on my wifes laptop now so all is well.

On my laptop, when I try to type the keyboard generates random letters making absolutely no sense. I have rebooted it, run extensive virus checks but it still happens.

Please help out a techie muppet :blush:

Ever spilt anything on it? Cleaned the dust off it recently?

I only ask as occasionally my G11 keyboard does the same thing, and I know it's down to the latter as I've never spilled a drop on it but it is covered in dead skin :yuck::oops:

Well my suggestion would be to start XP in safe mode and see if the problem is still there. If so then it is probably a mechanical fault and not a setting in the OS.

I assume you have made sure the language is set correctly to the keyboard and that stupid things like numberlock are not on?!

I find that all of the problems i have with windows are always stupid ones :lol:

You can also prise the keys off a laptop keyboard to check if there is any sticky spillage (i was thinking ribena before anyone says anything else :lol:) but be careful as they are usually quite fragile!