Pioneer AVIC-F500BT

pardonator

Looks like a standard ISO connector to me, you should be able to get something from the 'net to go from the 350Z to ISO, however I'm not sure how that's all going to tie in with the Bose at all. It might be that Pioneer expect you to use a Pioneer stereo with it, and that whilst it's possible to tag it into a stock head unit, you'll need to start cutting and soldering to do it.

Looks like a standard ISO connector to me, you should be able to get something from the 'net to go from the 350Z to ISO, however I'm not sure how that's all going to tie in with the Bose at all. It might be that Pioneer expect you to use a Pioneer stereo with it, and that whilst it's possible to tag it into a stock head unit, you'll need to start cutting and soldering to do it.

was just about to post and say

if i changed my headunit to the 3100DVD it has the right connectors in the back, all i would need then is a 350z to iso connector.

the question is if i do this normally changing out the headunit you would use the pacroem thing to keep steering wheel controls, how would that fit nto the link

i presume it would go between the 350z to iso connector???

• 3 weeks later...

right time for an update.

i have finally bitten the bullet, i love the system and don't want anything else so i have booked my car in at dave wallis in ipswich. www.davewalliscaraudio.co.uk.

they have worked on several 350Z's and said they are able to hardwire it into the car audio system. they reckon they can do it without the supplied amp. but it will most likely use just the front 2 speakers. will find out for definate on friday afternoon.

more importantly they reckon they can get round the problem that the unit is 4mm too wide for the cubby.

they reckon total cost of fitting £160 for 4 hours work and parts, i don't know if this is a good price or not, but i've got to the point where i'd pay itr just to get it in properly.

will hopefully have pics up by friday afternoon.

When I spoke to Dave Wallis about fitting a AVIC-F900BT and whether the steering wheel controls would be retained, they said that they most likely are gonna be non functional.

Let's see how you get on with them.

this isn't a head unit

think of it more like a satnav with extra features.

so it will work with the bose unit. and should allow me at a later date to upgrade the headunit if i choose.

When I spoke to Dave Wallis about fitting a AVIC-F900BT and whether the steering wheel controls would be retained, they said that they most likely are gonna be non functional.

Mr Wallis is speaking poo....mine work perfectly.

R :lol:

i wanted my sat nav in the cubby. visually when driving i find it better to look at the cubby than even lower where the stereo is. also long term plan is to change the headunit and have another screen based headunit most likely the 3100dvd by pioneer.

that way i can have satnav and screen seperate.

Well yeah, I know that, because of your thread.

I have to ask questions so that I can assess if they have kept up with current technology, especially since they are an authorized Pioneer dealer.

They had two answers to choose from....they chose the wrong one.

srobrien, can you clarify to me that the only difference between the 700BT and the 900BT is that the 900BT plays DVD's and the 700BT doesn't, other than that they seem identical....right?

Well yeah, I know that, because of your thread.

I have to ask questions so that I can assess if they have kept up with current technology, especially since they are an authorized Pioneer dealer.

They had two answers to choose from....they chose the wrong one.

srobrien, can you clarify to me that the only difference between the 700BT and the 900BT is that the 900BT plays DVD's, and the 700BT doesn't, other than that they seem identical....right?

Ah I read your post in the wrong context, i see you darterdly plan now.

As for the 700BT, from the pioneer website the only difference from the 900BT is DVD capability, AV out facility, plus the 700BT only has 1 pre-out RCA (subwoofer) whereas the 900BT has 3 (Front , Back and S/W)....I can't quite see how the 700BT would work properly without the preamp RCA connections.

R