Pioneer AVIC-F500BT

pardonator

Its the F700BT that has all the AV bits and is a double din I think..

The 500BT is just like a SATNAV unit I think, but it does have Aux inputs

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... index.html

RCA AV Input 1 (with optional CD-RM10 AV cable)

RCA AV Rear Output 1

Aux. In Yes (side-in aux. in and headphone jack)

iPod Control Yes, via optional CD-IU200VM connector

USB Control Yes, included

Portable Device Connectivity Yes, via optional CD-V150M or CD-RM10 cable.

Bluetooth Telephony Yes, Parrot Bluetooth module built-in

Reverse Camera Input Yes, for the optional ND-BC2 or ND-BC20PA reverse cameras

• 1 month later...

i was looking at getting one of these and intergrating it into the cubby hole.

its said tha the little amp wires into the original system and controls the oem system audio volume.

what i need to know after reading above is how likely is this.

i don't want to buy this and find i cant hardwire it into the car.

anyone have any ideas or pics of what the back of the bose unit looks like. am trying to find out if this unit will plug into it?

their must be some kind of input as the OEM satnav runs through the speakers.

but i don't want to go and buy one to find it won't intergrate.

worst case senario is i have to run it off its own speaker like a standard screen mounted satnav.

still interested if anyone has seen these, i've had a play 900bt and the pioneer system seems good, don't know what other peoples opinins are or if they would reccommend a better system. for a similar price.

found out abit more about this item,

it looks like the mini amp that comes with this works like an in-line amp.

you unplug an audio cable fromt ehback of the original headunit and plug into the f500 amp. it then runs a new cable from the amp back into the headunit. and another that feeds up to the GPS.

this is how it intergrates and gives all the features. this should mean its compatible with the bose head unit.

what i need help with as i have never done it before is how do you mount a double din screen or equivilant behind the cubby.

i have a flip up cubby, and as far as i am aware you can remove the back box section leaving the door in place.

my next question is how do i fix the unit in place behind it. will i need to custom fabricate a frame to hold the unit and mount up on to the original cubby box fixing points and then fit it all back in?

any pics of what the dash looks like dismantled would be greatly appreciated.

if i have to fabricate up a cradle and this all works i will take pics as i go, and would possibly make up cradles for other people.

this unit should give me the opportunity to run an external harddrive through it with all my music on (could put up to 250 gb in) it will also take a reversing camera,

or link you ipod up to it instead of an external hard drive. i plan to run an ipod cable to the same place as the current bluetooth adapter is.

but as i've said before, never retro fitted a screen into a dash before.

anyone have any ideas or pics of what the back of the bose unit looks like. am trying to find out if this unit will plug into it?

their must be some kind of input as the OEM satnav runs through the speakers.

#

Bose unit i replaced with Pioneer AVIC-D3

bose.jpg

i've found the manual for the amp section of this product.

it has a full pictorial diagram showing how it all connects,

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Stati ... al0410.pdf

but i don't know enough about stereos, in particular the bose unit to work out how it connects up.

would this work, or can you cut the connecting blocks off and hardwire it into the original wiring of the bose unit?

anyone with ICE experience would be greatly appreciated.

But then you might as well go for a dedicated Kenwood or Pioneer double din and then link a 2nd screen to it...

This lot is up for sale for a 1k

Kenwood DNX7200

Kenwood KCA-BT200 Bluetooth Kit

Alpine HCE C200R Multi view rear camera system and control box (you can just plug a front view camera to this).

Two Infinity Subwoofers and its custom built box that is a perfect fit for the back of the Z

3 x Alpine Amps with its stand and cover which again as seen on my installation is a perfect fit for the Z

And then you just need to spend £100 on a liliput screen for the upper cubby!

What do you want to know?

If its about the Aux bit you would be better off buying a single din and putting it in the bottom and then putting this in the top, at least you may have the easier AUX in?

just looking at the wiring diagram, and the pic of the back of the head unit trying to work out how it goes together, they say its compatible with pretty much every headunit,

but i've never seen a heasdunit with that many plug in sections?

let alone the bose unit :blush:

i was wondering if it was possible to hard wire it into the original audio loom. as all the speaker parts are labelled in the diagram

i like the sound of the kit thats up for sale, but its more than i want.

i'd rather do a carputer, or nurrishes piece of kit. i prefer a more oem look.

cheers for the link.

i'm kinda thinking it might work, but worst case senario i run it like a standard sat nav not through the car audio.

i have plans on how to fit it oem style in the cubby hole. and using the standard lift lid instead of the push back one.

just gives that bigger screen compared to things like tom tom, garmin etc.

don't mind being the first, but only when i know what i'm doing.

ICE is a whole new ball game for me. suppose i'll just have to learn as i do it.

well i've given in.

bought a Pioneer avic F500BT tonight, and managed to get it for £388 ic delivery.

which i thought was quite good. :)

but i bet someone on here will find it cheaper :dry:

should hopefully get it in a few days time and once i've had a chance to sit down and work out fitting. i'll tell you all if it integrates or not.

• 5 months later...

right its head ache time,

got my dash disassembled which was aneasy job but my next head ache was working out connectors.

here is the rear of the unit

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

as you can see the connectors in the rear

now here is the problem

here are my connectors

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

as you can see they dont match.

now my guess work as deduced that the two identical connectors (from the satnav) should plug into the headunit and that the ones from the headunit which theortically should be identical to the ones on the satnav loom should plug into the really big block that is on the satnav loom. so that the satnav and mini amp ity comes with work like a piggy back on the headunit.

but i cant see how i'm going to do it :bangin:

didn't buy any cable this is part of the wiring harness for the SatNav

the satnav is as thick as a screen but has built in GPS, AV capability, SD card SLot, Bluetooth phone, Video, Ipod connectivity etc and all runs through a tiny piggy back Amp that gets put somewhere else.

there are cables from the unit to the amp and then from the amp to the car.

i'll try and find the wireing diagram online after dinner and post it up