Mpg Statistics

ALT

As an ongoing check on the fuel economy of the car, I always note down the odometer reading and the quantity of fuel added at each fill-up. I’ve had a look at the data for my first 6 months of ownership and I am getting an average of 25.4 mpg. This is a mixture of journey types from a driving holiday in Europe to my daily 10 mile each way commute.

Clearly the long runs result in better fuel economy – my best being 30 mpg on the motorways through France. So I get a reasonable correlation with “miles per dayâ€

Top analysis :)

How does is compare to what the trip computer records?

I haven’t diligently kept records of the trip computer, but when I have noticed it, it seems to tie up quite well with the information I get when filling up.

Andrew

well im surprised how good the economy is, i have had between 27.2 and 27.7 on my first 3 tanks.

I tried a slow economy drive home one day and managed a clear 33.9mpg, including some round town driving at the end, very good i thought!

:scare: how do you manage to restrain your right foot for everyday driving - I only get that sort of mpg on boring motorway journeys. The ZED is a car to be driven - the noise, the handling, the power delivery are so intoxicating I simply can't be arsed trying to maximise fuel economy.

no need for all this fancy stuff - its easy just look at your credit card statement and see how the pounds pile up every time you fill up ! :surrender::cry:

I got a cash back credit card (shell) and had to pay off the full balance of a month which was about £400 :scare:

Busy month I suppose :blush: