Blueflame

Digsy

OK, this is one for those that remember the old site.

IIRC there was a bloke called Geoff who got a custom exhaust from Blueflame in Skelmersdale. I recall being very interested as it was significantly cheaper than a Nismo and the place was just down the road from me. He's long since chopped his Zed in for an Evo and what I think is his old exhaust has just come up for sale. Can anyone remember (and I know I'm asking a lot) how much it cost new?

Strangely, if you do a search over there all the posts from when Geoff sold his exhaust have disappeared....

Maybe has been 'removed' :lol:

Actually, I'm wrong about that as I've just found the thread where he sold it to Simon for £350 in early 2006. Apparently, its now worth £500! :surrender:

Strangely, if you do a search over there all the posts from when Geoff sold his exhaust have disappeared....

Actually, I'm wrong about that as I've just found the thread where he sold it to Simon for £350 in early 2006. Apparently, its now worth £500! :surrender:

Knew I shouldn't of piled my money into Blueflame stocks :lol:

That £350 included an intake & aerial aswell ;)

http://forums.DELETED.com//ind ... st&p=26661

If you buy something cheap when someone is selling cheap then someone got a bargain, dosnt mean you have to sell it cheap again does it?

£450 to £500 for a full stainless steel cat back zorst is a good buy for a quality piece of kit isnt it?

Something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it, so if you want to buy it for less then put in an offer?

If you buy something cheap when someone is selling cheap then someone got a bargain, dosnt mean you have to sell it cheap again does it?

£450 to £500 for a full stainless steel cat back zorst is a good buy for a quality piece of kit isnt it?

Yep when its new/hardly used. Not when its gonna be third hand and done loads of miles..........

Something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it, so if you want to buy it for less then put in an offer?

It cost £450 new and is almost 3 years old. I'm surprised that you would be happy with someone trying to overcharge OC members, Mark.

Well I think someone got a bloody good bargain...and that person has now put up the stuff for sale based on what he thinks is a good price for the product in his current condition.

how much money he makes or loses is not something we have to bother about is it?

well...I wont...if i think the price is right on a product and i think its value for my money...i would buy the product...

how much money the seller makes or loses does influence my decision ...but lets be honest the influence is only on the fact that he may be makin a good bargain and not on the assessment of the value of the product!

anyway....dont want to keep on talking on it...its a good product if anyone wants it....intrested members can decide the price its worth and make an offer knowing very well what the history of the product is.

As I say mate, no one is trying to overcharge anyone... Si has mearly put a price on the zorst that he feels appropriate, if someone is prepared to pay it once they have seen this item then so be it, through the posts on here and there people know what was paid in the past... Caveat emptor and all that...

Its a stainless steel UK made custom exhaust and not some chinese / taiwanese copy...

I was also led to belive that the zorst originaly was up for alot more than that as a retail price... If it was up for 1k 3 years ago and someone got a bargain and bought it 3 years ago for £200 whats its worth now if they are still on sale new for 1k today? £100, £400, £600 ??

I am not trying to defend Si on his prices, I am just purely pointing out that the price he put on it he feels is a fair cost for a quality item, if someone that wants to buy it feels that it isnt a fair price then its up to them to discuss the price... There is no official price guide to say what things are worth so its a perceived value now..

Just to play devils advocate Digsy, if it did cost 1k 3 years ago and you paid £300 as you got a deal, and it was still on the market now for 1k, how much would you put it up for sale for?

As I say mate, no one is trying to overcharge anyone... Si has mearly put a price on the zorst that he feels appropriate, if someone is prepared to pay it once they have seen this item then so be it, through the posts on here and there people know what was paid in the past... Caveat emptor and all that...

Its a stainless steel UK made custom exhaust and not some chinese / taiwanese copy...

I was also led to belive that the zorst originaly was up for alot more than that as a retail price... If it was up for 1k 3 years ago and someone got a bargain and bought it 3 years ago for £200 whats its worth now if they are still on sale new for 1k today? £100, £400, £600 ??

I am not trying to defend Si on his prices, I am just purely pointing out that the price he put on it he feels is a fair cost for a quality item, if someone that wants to buy it feels that it isnt a fair price then its up to them to discuss the price... There is no official price guide to say what things are worth so its a perceived value now..

Just to play devils advocate Digsy, if it did cost 1k 3 years ago and you paid £300 as you got a deal, and it was still on the market now for 1k, how much would you put it up for sale for?

Whether Simon was misled by Geoff when he bought it I don't know but as you can see above Geoff told others that he paid £450 for it when it was new 3 years ago. The only reason this rang a bell was that Geoff posted up this price on the old forum at the time and as I was only working a stone's throw away at the time I was going to meet him when they installed it. I was very interested in it because it was £450. Had it been £1k I wouldn't have even considered it.

Now, if I honestly believed that this exhaust was £1k new and Simon wanted to sell it thirdhand, three years on I would have thought to myself that it was on the pricey side but not said anything. I agree that the fact that he bought it for a knockdown price shouldn't mean he can't advertise for more. What got my goat is that someone unsuspecting could end up paying £500 for an exhaust that cost £450 new 3 years ago.

What Simon sells it for is his business but prospective buyers should know what it cost so that they can make an informed decision. Provided the thread isn't edited they will do and that is the end of it.

There is no way the thread should be edited as it was stated for previous posts before, if you want discussion about a for sale thread then dont be concerenced about what people may say. If you dont want discussion then ask for the thread to be locked...
Agreed but others have called for it.

I doubt it will be edited....its the sellers choice to decide if the discussion on the thread is compromising his potential sale....if he decides its enough..then he has the right to request the thread to be locked down...just as you have the right to discuss any potential points of intrest on the item for sale whether endorsing the item or discounting its value!!!