Gear knob thread size

pardonator

My knob is looking a bit worn......May need to upgrade my knob soon :dry:

Liking the look of those knobs posted

I was going to ask whereabouts in Solihull you live but after telling me you like photos of knobs i'll give it a miss! :lol: It'd probably be okay but the pics didnt load!

I was going to ask whereabouts in Solihull you live but after telling me you like photos of knobs i'll give it a miss! :lol: It'd probably be okay but the pics didnt load!

tee hee... only a bit of fun mate...but i do honestly need a new gear knob!!

I live in olton how bout you?

• 2 weeks later...

Dickens Heath.. shirley way.

Dickens Heath.. shirley way.

Olton is by the Ice Rink ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Ti knob today, thanks Phil! Initial impressions:

It's much smaller than I thought.

It's actually quite ugly.

It doesn't fit very well in the hand.

Whilst sitting in my driveway making VRRROOOOMMMM noises and shifting gear, it does seem to give the more positive action I was after, which is more important to me than any of the above.

The other thing, which I'm going to have to fix else it'll drive me mad, is that the knob sits a fair bit higher than the stock one (approx 10mm) and so the leather boot doesn't mate up to the bottom of it, and you can see the ugly finish on the top. I think I'll have to go searching for some kind of metal trim ring for it, must be somewhere on the interweb that sells them.

So far, I'll give it 8/10 thumbs up.

Got my Ti knob today, thanks Phil! Initial impressions:

It's much smaller than I thought.

It's actually quite ugly.

It doesn't fit very well in the hand.

Whilst sitting in my driveway making VRRROOOOMMMM noises and shifting gear, it does seem to give the more positive action I was after, which is more important to me than any of the above.

The other thing, which I'm going to have to fix else it'll drive me mad, is that the knob sits a fair bit higher than the stock one (approx 10mm) and so the leather boot doesn't mate up to the bottom of it, and you can see the ugly finish on the top. I think I'll have to go searching for some kind of metal trim ring for it, must be somewhere on the interweb that sells them.

So far, I'll give it 8/10 thumbs up.

Give me a call and I will explain how to sort the gator issue.

...and when he explains it, it all seems so simple and I feel a bit daft :bangin:

Cable tie underneath the gaiter so that it holds the leather in place much higher up the shaft. Nice one Phil, you're a scholar and a gent. B)

Okay, 9/10 thumbs up now. :D

As Phil said I changed my gear knob to the carbon/chrome Nismo one whilst I was up at ESR and to me it's made sooooo much difference to the way that the car drives it's unreal. The shifts feel 10x more precise and smoother, and also the throw feels shorter. The stock gear knob is like the broken link in the transmission, and as strange as it sounds you feel more "connected" to the gearbox and the changes with one of these. Switch over to any one of the gear knobs Phil has in stock and I guarantee you'll be impressed with the difference it makes, the stock one is crap! :thumbs:

(also, they vibrate a hell of a lot less than the stock one for some reason. :) )

Hi phil, you have any more chrome ones left? And how easy are they to fit and they come with the gear plate?

Only have the black chrome and carbon ones at the moment.

Each one has a different gear plate which is included.

Hi phil and black or chromes left?

Hi phil, you have any more chrome ones left? And how easy are they to fit and they come with the gear plate?

Only black and carbon.

More due in the next few days.

Only black and carbon.

More due in the next few days.

Ok thanks, Im after chrome please, and will pay you asap for it as could do with it this week please..thanks