Was Lewis Robbed? *POLL*Please Vote

Beavis

Did Lewis win the race fair and square?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Did Lewis win the race fair and square?

• Yes
    • No

Silly question i know, but after watching yesterdays superb race and then having the stupid F.I.A/Stewards change the result, i have felt compelled to email the F.I.A my disgust over this stupid decision.

Of course you may not agree with my view so i am conducting a poll, please register your vote yes or no and if yes or no please state why. If enough people vote i will forward our forums result to the F.I.A.

Their phoneline and email inbox i am sure this morning is in total meltdown in Paris, but i feel its time for people power and the fans to have their say on this stupid and wrong (in my opinion) decision.

It is staggering to think that the F.I.A as been struggling to make F1 more exciting and when they get a good race they press the self destruct button and change the result after the event :wacko:

Lewis Hamilton as now been penalised 5 times out of 13 races this year now, whilst Ferrari get off scot free every time. :dry:

This British sportsman needs all the support he can get and i for sure want to see him drub the Italians in their own backyard next weekend at Monza. :thumbs:

Fleet Street is up in arms after Lewis Hamilton was "robbed" of the victory in Sunday's Belgian GP when the stewards handed him a 25sec penalty...

'Lewis Hamilton produced one of his most daring performances to win the Belgian Grand Prix yesterday, only to have victory taken away from him by a hugely controversial retrospective punishment by the race stewards.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 26,00.html

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 32,00.html

Considering MS was given no penalty what so ever for an almost carbon copy of this incident (although he retained his place by cutting the corner), and the only difference I can see as a spectator is the badge of the car, then Lewis was certainly robbed.

The whole setup/circus created by mosely and bernie has descended F1 into a farce as far as I am concerned. They are clearly rigging it for a tight finish to the season, using any and every opportunity to twist the rules to suit the neccesary outcome required for a close finish.

As I said before, Im not watching this anymore if this decision stands - I can think of more entertaining and productive ways of spending a sunday afternoon. I may as well watch wrestling for how scripted F1 is now.

I couldn't believe it when I saw this this morning. What an absolute joke! If he'd driven into Kimi, he would've got a penalty. If he avoids him, clearly he gets a penalty. Just what DO McLaren and Lewis have to do to win the world championship?!?:rant:

My response after the race was to say **** it i am not watching no more, but next weekend its Monza and i for sure will want to see Lewis crush the Italians in their own backyard. My money will be on him and Mclaren to destroy them. :yahoo:

I told my brother last night to put his 355 well out of sight. :lol:

I was incredulous to see Hamilton was given a penalty & couldn't understand what for until I read this. He conceded, as he should, then carried on racing. Kimi tried to block & Lewis bluffed him & took the oppurtunity which made for great racing, something that doesn't happen enough. Massa gets away with a dangerous move in the pits in the previous race & now this. It does make you wonder.

that planet f1 explanation of the ruling is pretty funny, sounds like the have mixed up their ruling.

i would say Lewis did gain an advantage cutting the corner, not by much, prob less than a second, but a slight advantage, if he had followed kimi through the corner he would have been a bit further behind him coming out of the corner, but given the speed he had been catching him, he would have more than likely still got him going into the next corner.

its not like he came from miles behind, going into the corner he was along side, a few more inches and he would have passed him in the corner and their would not be this issue.

i think he did the right thing letting kimi back past, i think the thing is they are saying he did not give him the advantage back (less than 1 sec) which would have been their if he followed him out of the corner. Its pretty harsh ive seen races in the past where people have been a long way back, taken a crazy overtake attempt from miles back, pass on the grass, come back on let the guy passed and pull right in behind, making up 2 or 3 seconds, and not be punished.

it is crazy that he got punished for the his and massa got nothing for his pit lane antics the last race.

i'd be surprised if the give him the win back, and its a real shame, the races are less fun now that they have been for years, the just making it worse.

I too believe Hamilton gained an advantage. I don’t however agree with the punishment. When watching it, myself and family immediately said he gained on that but would be penalised after the GP. We expected a grid penalty for the next race at worst.

I don’t agree with Hamilton and others saying that he was ahead going into the corner. It was a right hander with Kimi on the racing line going in. Hamilton was lucky the run off was there or it would have been his race over. For Hamilton to take kimi on the outside of the corner he’d have to be far enough ahead so as not to hit the car on the inside. He wasn’t and knew if he had held his turn he would most likely of been side swiped by Kimi who would have been unable to avoid him. He made the right choice taking to the escape but in doing so he should of put his hand up and backed way off knowing the investigation had already begun. Having said that, there was only 2 laps to go. He’s going to keep racing as that’s all he’s knows to do. The rules will sort themselves out later. The penalty is too harsh.

As a side note, the Ferrari has once again shown that it really hates the rain. You can see it in Kimi’s first spin and of course repeatedly at the British GP. It seems the lack of TC is really punishing the Ferrari’s in the wet.

Interesting points raised.

Hows about a little after the incident when Kimi uses about 300 yards of cambered run off to get back behind Lewis..

1:26 into this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDjAnXEadGc

He is about 15-20m behind, yet by using the cambered section of run off round the outside, is able to get back to the gearbox of the Mclaren. Lewis in the meantime is having to deal with the damp conditions on the same corner on a tighter line without camber..

I see this goes largely unmentioned throughout the whole debarcle.

Was thing about that one. I don't know what the rule is for run offs like that. Had the run off been on the inside of the circuit then it would of been an advantage regardless of grip levels as the distance travelled would be shorter. Is there a rule for out side run offs or is there one in general for them all?

I'm not a fan of run off areas. I understand they are needed for safety reasons but I'd much rather have kitty litter. F1 is the top level. If you make a mistake it should be game over or with a little bit of luck you manage to get back on.

Half the problem with F1 is that it's got too perfect. The perfect lap in qualifying. Perfect consistency in the race from start to finish. Perfect aero package. This gives us the procession we have today. The first fix was removing TC but as we've seen in the dry they are just too good. Next year will see the next stage. They'll be altering the aero to create clean air out the back of the cars. This should improve drafting and create more overtaking on the straights. I hope so anyway. If it works we should see the lead change in a close race a number of times over the hour and a half.

I absolutely love F1...I wake up stupidly early in the morning on Sundays just to watch it live (7 am here in the states). To wake up on a Sunday, sit back with some coffee, and relax with some nice breakfast as I watch my favorite sporting event is a real pleasure. However, to wake up so early, only to end up disgusted and annoyed the rest of the day because of this investigation, is more than a let down!

In the grand scheme of things, I guess I am a Ferrari-guy. I just love the aura that they as a manufacturer has. I am not by any means a McClaren guy - I don't quite know why, I just never liked them as a team. The whole incident last year cemented that feeling all the more for me. However, they do certainly attract tremendous driver talent. I believe Hamilton is bordering on phenom - and I think he is great for the sport as a whole. A clean cut guy, who has come up the ranks and now sits among the worlds greats. I find it all very compelling and positive for the sport. While it's not a racial thing, I also find it very refreshing to see someone from outside the sandbox come in and shake things up a bit.

It seems that the stewards want to manage a simulation, and not a real live race with live human actions and reactions. Did Hamilton get an advantage by skirting the chicane? Yes, IMHO he did. However, did he do everything one could reasonably expect to relinquish that advantage? Yes, I believe he did. Under the circumstances, I think he did everything he could have, within the confines of the rules. It is afterall racing, and with 2 laps left to go and rain starting to fall, I am sure that his emotions were at an 11, and he wanted nothing more than to execute a clean pass. I find it interesting that Raik. passed Hamilton under a newly waved yellow, yet that is not at all called into questioning (at least not publically).

I honestly believe no penalty should have been imposed, either on the spot, belated, attached at Monza, or otherwise. Instead I think for once it would have been refreshing to see the stewards say "ya know what, this is racing, and given the cirumstances, we believe they both fought hard and admirably". But in the high line world of F1, with all the money and all the power and all the ego's, I suppose that is expecting too much. I wonder if we'll ever see an interview with Massa, so see what he feels about the incident. I can't imagine the pressure one is under at that level of the sport, with the money, the fame, etc riding on one's shoulders. But with all the great memories he has made for himself to date, this doesn't seem like a win to be proud of.

I absolutely love F1...I wake up stupidly early in the morning on Sundays just to watch it live (7 am here in the states). To wake up on a Sunday, sit back with some coffee, and relax with some nice breakfast as I watch my favorite sporting event is a real pleasure. However, to wake up so early, only to end up disgusted and annoyed the rest of the day because of this investigation, is more than a let down!

In the grand scheme of things, I guess I am a Ferrari-guy. I just love the aura that they as a manufacturer has. I am not by any means a McClaren guy - I don't quite know why, I just never liked them as a team. The whole incident last year cemented that feeling all the more for me. However, they do certainly attract tremendous driver talent. I believe Hamilton is bordering on phenom - and I think he is great for the sport as a whole. A clean cut guy, who has come up the ranks and now sits among the worlds greats. I find it all very compelling and positive for the sport. While it's not a racial thing, I also find it very refreshing to see someone from outside the sandbox come in and shake things up a bit.

It seems that the stewards want to manage a simulation, and not a real live race with live human actions and reactions. Did Hamilton get an advantage by skirting the chicane? Yes, IMHO he did. However, did he do everything one could reasonably expect to relinquish that advantage? Yes, I believe he did. Under the circumstances, I think he did everything he could have, within the confines of the rules. It is afterall racing, and with 2 laps left to go and rain starting to fall, I am sure that his emotions were at an 11, and he wanted nothing more than to execute a clean pass. I find it interesting that Raik. passed Hamilton under a newly waved yellow, yet that is not at all called into questioning (at least not publically).

I honestly believe no penalty should have been imposed, either on the spot, belated, attached at Monza, or otherwise. Instead I think for once it would have been refreshing to see the stewards say "ya know what, this is racing, and given the cirumstances, we believe they both fought hard and admirably". But in the high line world of F1, with all the money and all the power and all the ego's, I suppose that is expecting too much. I wonder if we'll ever see an interview with Massa, so see what he feels about the incident. I can't imagine the pressure one is under at that level of the sport, with the money, the fame, etc riding on one's shoulders. But with all the great memories he has made for himself to date, this doesn't seem like a win to be proud of.

Very well put and I think that mirrors the feelings of the majority.

Very well put and I think that mirrors the feelings of the majority.

+1 Superb post Adam. But i am a McLaren guy and not a Ferrari one.I think they are a superb outfit with technical expertise second to none. The whole buisness with the Ferrari documents was totally over blown in my opinion, this type of thing as been going on for years. Mclaren have enough technical expertise without needing to copy someone else's info. :)

Seem's the 3 steward's are a right bunch of numpty's :headhurt:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 27,00.html

Just read this on another forum - thought it would be worth a chuckle..

Got a Ferrari?

Not quite good enough at driving?

Are other boys faster than you in the wet?

Then you need:

Ferrari International Assistance (FIA)

This exclusive Ferrari only membership club has many benefits. Including:

- Anti overtaking assurance

Been overtaken? Feel a bit silly? Don’t worry, we’ll rule out the other party, even if it’s embarrassingly obvious that they’re faster than you

- Exclusive access to a secret ‘second lane’ in the pits

Just to make things a little bit easier we’ve arranged a private second lane , just for you

- Guaranteed world championship?

Had a crash? Need to win the world championship? Don’t worry just limp across the track and take off your nearest championship title contender – we’ll do the rest

-A bit strapped? Need extra cash?

Simply get one of your team to tell someone else how you make your cars.

- Bits falling off your car? Looking a bit dangerous?

At Ferrari International Assistance we operate a ‘blind eye’ policy just for Ferrari drivers

- Been a bit silly? Taken off another driver whilst following the safety car?

It’s ok, as long as you didn’t hurt yourself. I mean, who are Force India anyway? And how dare they be in from of you

-A bit bored? Want some extra action?

With FIA plus you can take part in a number of additional membership activities

- Not sure when you might need us next?

Relax. Check out our track record. We’re confident that we’ll be able to make something up on the spot that will get you out of any pickle that you might find yourself in

Ferrari International Assistance - Making it up as we go along for over 100 years

It's getting to the point that they might as well do something actually worth getting punished for! Punching Max Moseley's lights out must be up there.... :boxing:

I was thinking more along the lines of a car(Mclaren) to car(Ferrari) missile system :teeth:

It's getting to the point that they might as well do something actually worth getting punished for! Punching Max Moseley's lights out must be up there.... :boxing:

I was thinking more along the lines of a car(Mclaren) to car(Ferrari) missile system :teeth:

Or go cpmpletely the other way and booby trap their garage before the mechanics get there at the race weekend. Proper Home Alone style. Glue - fan - feathers type stuff! :teeth: