Exhaust modification - silly idea?

The Hoff

Yep I have seen this mod before, I think on Youtube. It seems its a popular mod in the states, the call it a resonator..

I would seek advice on if it makes it run o.k though..

:D

Will run fine, I had it cut out of my Nur Spec & will be getting it removed from my GReddy exhaust soon

Yep I have seen this mod before, I think on Youtube. It seems its a popular mod in the states, the call it a resonator..

Will run fine, I had it cut out of my Nur Spec & will be getting it removed from my GReddy exhaust soon

Are you insane ?? I bet you ears hate you ! lol...

lol

:lol::lol: Its the part of the exhaust that I keep scraping over bumps so im gonna remove it ;)

It will also annoy my neighbour a bit more :ninja:

Ok this maybe a silly idea but thought I would ask....

If I cut out the centre silencer on my OEM exhuast and welded in a straight section would it make the exhuast note louder/deeper etc or is most of that work done by the rear box?

Hoff.

first mod i did was take the middle silencer off, at first i thought it would be pointless, but it knocked me back, takes a few weeks for the sound to settle, but it kept me smiling for ages, it will give you a touch more bass, nothing OTT, and will give you a satisfying high pitched note on high revs.

trust me, give it a go and see for yourself.

also, i have a video somewhere of my Z, got my lil sis to rev it the day i took the middlebox off & put a popcharger in, let me know if it will help and ill send it to you. :thumbs:

If I cut out the centre silencer on my OEM exhuast and welded in a straight section would it make the exhuast note louder/deeper etc or is most of that work done by the rear box?

Hoff.

first mod i did was take the middle silencer off, at first i thought it would be pointless, but it knocked me back, takes a few weeks for the sound to settle, but it kept me smiling for ages, it will give you a touch more bass, nothing OTT, and will give you a satisfying high pitched note on high revs.

also, i have a video somewhere of my Z, got my lil sis to rev it the day i took the middlebox off & put a popcharger in, let me know if it will help and ill send it to you. :thumbs:

Can you post it? I'd be quite interested in hearing it!

Hoff.

Can you post it? I'd be quite interested in hearing it!

Tried sticking it on here but that didnt work, so emailed it to you instead. hope it works, if not gimme a shout again and ill try resending it.

its 2 videos, the poor quality one is when my cousin recorded the car after 3 weeks of having the middle box removed.