Tyre Pressure Indicator

Rentech

Hi All,

In anticipation of my new car arriving by the end of this week I've downloaded a 2006 owners manual. Couldn't find a UK version. The manual mentions a tyre pressure indicator on the multi function display. Is this fitted to UK models?

I like my gadgets so would be something else to play with :D

Wonder if it can be added by doing a US centre dials swap?

Are US clocks in kmh or mph?

MPH in the US, KMPH in Canada, bar the ones that have been purchased across the border.

Perhaps ask Adam @ Z1, as he's in the US.

For me personally I prefer to check the tyre pressure the good old fashioned way on a digital gauge, at least I know I'm getting a true reading. One less set of sensors to drive you nuts.

Found this when looking for something else today. Its a standard warning on a US wheel site.

WARNING! Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Your vehicle is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that requires a sensor to be installed in the tire and wheel assembly for proper operation.

The original sensors from your original wheels can be used or you may purchase sensors from Tire Rack.

Your system includes:

315MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR

$260.00 for a quantity of 4

Total Price: $260.00

Additional Information

If you purchase a Tire & Wheel Package when you buy new sensors, the sensors will be installed on the wheels at no additional charge. Otherwise, you will have to arrange for installation by a trained technician after your new wheels are shipped to you. Tire Rack's Recommended Installers are available to help you with your installation needs and can be selected by ZIP Code in the shopping cart.

Once installed, you will need to read your vehicle's owner's manual to review the proper procedure for allowing your vehicle to "recognize" the new sensors.