Where to get P21S (now called R222)

jim

I have almost run out of P21S Carnauba wax, which I have been really pleased with, and am looking to buy some more. However, sites such as Clean and Shiny (where I got it before) no longer seem to stock it. Does anyone know where to get it, or can you suggest a similar product to replace it?

If you want to try something new, i would recommend you try dodo juice jim :thumbs:

Is it Carnauba wax, or a paste?

Wax - a lot of detailers use it to finish with, better shine and longer lasting than P21s or R222 as its called now

they make dodo juice in different types for different colours, for your Gm you would need Hard Candy dodo juice

Having used the Dodo Juice I have to admit I still prefer the finish of the P21S / R222. Granted, it doesn't last as long, but when I had built it up the back end of last year (about 6 coats) it did look amazing and lasted a good few weeks. The Dodo stuff lasts longer per application, so it's each to their own.

BTW Clean and Shiny stopped doing it because it can be got on eBay for pretty much what the dealers were paying for it.... ;)

Having used the Dodo Juice I have to admit I still prefer the finish of the P21S / R222. Granted, it doesn't last as long, but when I had built it up the back end of last year (about 6 coats) it did look amazing and lasted a good few weeks. The Dodo stuff lasts longer per application, so it's each to their own.

BTW Clean and Shiny stopped doing it because it can be got on eBay for pretty much what the dealers were paying for it.... ;)

have you tried layering dodo juice rob ? i'm sure you would like it and it would last longer

have you tried layering dodo juice rob ? i'm sure you would like it and it would last longer

Not yet, at least not on mine. A mate has on his 944 Turbo and it is looking good. For me, at least so far, it's the 'wettness' the P21 gives that swings it for me. Trying to get anything out of the GM is an effort in itself! TBH, I am talking from a fairly distant memory, I have neglected it a bit recently..... :blush:

I've never been totally happy with the finish from P21S so I've just got some new products to try. Will do all 3 side by side on one door. They'll probably all look the same in the end. P21S seems to remain smudgy long after it's applied. When it rains the water beads up nicely but doesn't flow off the car when stationary. Maybe it's not meant to. End up with water spots like pox on my black Z. Unwaxed cars don’t seem to have this problem.

Will be testing:

P21S

Dodo Supernatural - Seriously expensive stuff

Dodo Purple haze

Hope to do this on Sat or Sun regardless of weather.

That doesn't sound like it's being buffed properly to me. After taking it off, try something like the AG red cloth (can't remember what it's called) or a really high quality microfibre that has no product on it, and it should come up brilliantly....

PA140062.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

:)

Don't get me wrong it does come up brilliantly and for the first few days it seems perfect if touched. Then it seems to soften. Was the same at the British motor show. Cars looked great but if touched they smudged. Oily sweaty hands didn't help after the GT5 racing on the Nissan stand but the colour of the Alfas demands that you touch them.

Don't get me wrong it does come up brilliantly and for the first few days it seems perfect if touched. Then it seems to soften. Was the same at the British motor show. Cars looked great but if touched they smudged. Oily sweaty hands didn't help after the GT5 racing on the Nissan stand but the colour of the Alfas demands that you touch them.

Was the car under lights? I can see that happening. Sounds like a hard wax might fair better in those conditions..... :)

Unwaxed cars don’t seem to have this problem.

Unfortunately this will always happen on waxed cars. It the lack of wax which means that the water just smears over the paint rather than beading together.

The more wax and better it is the quicker the water will flow off the car but on large flat horizontal panels is very hard to prevent.

they make dodo juice in different types for different colours, for your Gm you would need Hard Candy dodo juice

So for an Azure blue (or similar) what colour is the right Dodo juice to use? I may give it a whirl this stuff?

Time to try something new! I've been using the Meguairs tech wax for ages, then Mike suggested the R222 stuff which I was about to try but might try this.... ;)

Take it that its easy to get on and off. Can't be arsed with anything that is like wiping off treacle! :blush:

So for an Azure blue (or similar) what colour is the right Dodo juice to use? I may give it a whirl this stuff?

Time to try something new! I've been using the Meguairs tech wax for ages, then Mike suggested the R222 stuff which I was about to try but might try this.... ;)

Take it that its easy to get on and off. Can't be arsed with anything that is like wiping off treacle! :blush:

Easy stuff to use Mark. Give Clean and Shiny a call and they can advise the best one. They normally have a hard and soft wax for each tone of finish....

Easy stuff to use Mark. Give Clean and Shiny a call and they can advise the best one. They normally have a hard and soft wax for each tone of finish....

SoftWax

Rain Forest Rub- All Colours

Purple Haze - Dark Colours

Orange Crush – Warm Colours

Light Fantastic - Light Colours

Hard Wax

Hard Candy - All Colours

Blue Velvet - Dark Colours

Banana Armour - Warm Colours

Diamond White - Light Colours

Light Colours include:

Silvers, White, Light Metallic’s, Light Blues.

Warm Colours include:

Yellows, Orange, Reds, Gold.

Dark Colours include:

Black, Greys, Dark Blues, Dark Metallic’s

http://www.dodojuice.com/forum/

you should really use lime prime before the wax to get the best out of it :thumbs: