Where to get P21S (now called R222)

jim

One further point.....

Soft waxes are applied by hand. Hard waxes really need an applicator....

Just spoke to them at R222 shop as they stock as well. Good advice actually

Kinda yeah. You can do both kinda with either method, just needs less / more effort accordingly.

What was the advice? :)

One further point.....

Kinda yeah. You can do both kinda with either method, just needs less / more effort accordingly.

What was the advice? :)

Well I was asking about whether to go with the "blue velvet" wax or stick with the generic rain forest. But the blue is orientated towards darker blues so with my new car being a lighter mid blue, could be a bit risker.... so best to stick with the Rain forest, seeing as doing by hand.

Also the lime prime product is effectively the paint cleanser/polish combined into one, and the lime prime lite is the same without the "slight abrasive compounds" in it therefore not as much "polish" action....

But I'll use up my Meguiars 3 step stuff and claybar products before I go to that..... otherwise just a waste

One further point.....

Applying Dodo Juice soft waxes - hand or pad?

There has been a lot of discussion on other forums about whether you should apply Dodo soft waxes with a pad or by hand. Which is better? Which is easier? Which gives better results? Here are some of my thoughts:

BENEFITS OF APPLYING BY HAND

- Less chance of scratching or damaging panels so long as hands are clean, nails are short and no rings are on fingers

- More contact with the bodywork; thickness and coverage of wax can be felt as well as seen

- More economical in terms of wax application; less wax wastage as difficult to overapply the wax or overload the pad

- Less chance of 'clogging' shut lines with wax

- Fashionable technique at the moment and makes your neighbours wonder what the hell you are doing

BENEFITS OF APPLYING BY FOAM APPLICATOR

- Not so tiring on hands and fingers, especially on colder days on cold light-coloured bonnets

- More even coverage

- No chance of oily fingers after application (although they can easily be cleaned or wiped and do smell nice afterwards)

- Less chance of your neighbours thinking you're nuts

Overall, I would say applying by hand on a hot day can be rewarding, but a lightly-loaded pad is all that is required for a consistent and even coverage of a Dodo Juice soft wax on a panel in all conditions. The problem with soft waxes comes with overloading them - the wax ends up in shut lines or is too thick to cure properly, so just gets wiped off at buffing. With a bit of familiarity with the wax, pad application would be the ideal technique - unless you want to freak out the neighbours, of course - but the choice is yours.

• 4 weeks later...
i'm still on my tub of p21s, but once that is gone, not sure what i will try next, as happy with it

dodo juice :thumbs:

heard good things. is it as easy to apply and buff off as p21s?

but i think i seen so many variants, which makes it confusing, i.e. for colour of car, price etc. p21s was like £20 for the pot for all cars

i'm still on my tub of p21s, but once that is gone, not sure what i will try next, as happy with it

but i think i seen so many variants, which makes it confusing, i.e. for colour of car, price etc. p21s was like £20 for the pot for all cars

its easier to use than p21s imo, it costs around £30 for a tub, they do recommend different types for different coloured cars, light - dark etc

e.g. mine was hard candy for gunmetal grey

its easier to use than p21s imo, it costs around £30 for a tub, they do recommend different types for different coloured cars, light - dark etc

interesting, I can't imagine how was could be that mucheasier to do than p21s. Will look forward to trying some out once i've finished the p21s

interesting, I can't imagine how was could be that mucheasier to do than p21s. Will look forward to trying some out once i've finished the p21s

Got some R222 now and i think it is superb B) Very easy to use and no effort required. :thumbs:

And a very wet look B)

The Hard Candy is also a hard wax. R222 is a soft one, and Dodo Juice also do a soft wax version for grey cars.

I agree Dave, love the look with P21S / R222 (why did they have to change the name?? :headhurt: )

just me but i wasnt impressed with p21s :surrender: certainly no better than collinite, i prefer dodo

i polish too often to be sure of the longevity of any of them :blush:

there isnt much between waxes imo although i would like to try a top end swissvax