Hi

Hello all from a possible future owner. Had a test drive on Sunday so now it’s decision time. I won't ask you to comment on that decision as I guess you are all pretty biased in that respect :lol:.

The car looks beautiful and the drive was great. My heart is saying go for it yet my brain is a bit unsure at the moment. I currently have a civic type-r that I love to bits. Feel it is time for a change so the 350Z seems like a great step up. Will probably be after an 07/56 or 07/07 so thought I’d start my fact finding here. One big concern is fuel economy as I will be using it for my daily commute (mainly motorway).

Anyway, searching the forums will hopefully answer my questions

Maybe I’ll be around for a while :)

:welcome: to the club

If its mainly motorway you can get around 27-30 mpg. Around town your looking at 21mpg. Have to say not really a car best for economy but at least it has a far bigger fuel tank than the tiny one in the Type R :)

Had a test drive on Sunday so now it’s decision time. I won't ask you to comment on that decision as I guess you are all pretty biased in that respect :lol:.

:lol: Not us. :lol::lol::p:p;);) Welcome to the forum mate. Sounds like you're sold on the Zed to me. :D

Hi and :welcome:

You're probably aware of this already but there were model changes in 06 and again in 07, mainly engine power increases.

Was hoping to go for the first upgrade (was it to 297bhp?). Test drove the first iteration and that was still fun. Not sure how long the latest version has been available but think it would probably exceed my budget :( .

Hi and :welcome:

You're probably aware of this already but there were model changes in 06 and again in 07, mainly engine power increases.

Was hoping to go for the first upgrade (was it to 297bhp?). Test drove the first iteration and that was still fun. Not sure how long the latest version has been available but think it would probably exceed my budget :( .

Yep they raised it to 296 bhp in 2006 and made a few other changes to the trim and lights. This model has had some problems with oil consumption and whilst it doesn't seem to effect all of them, you should keep an eye on the dipstick for the first 1k miles.