2009 350z-uk.com Calendar

martinmac

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I just went through the pics on the other thread and chose my 10 favourites giving them a star rating out of 5. I think that most of them are great pics and enjoyed looking at them all. I think everyone should always carry a camera. These are my personal opinions on the ones I think are the best

( don't get too defensive - it's all good - it's just an opinion for a bit of fun ).

By the way feel free to crit my piccy I am gingrrr.

3 - ****

I think this would be five star if the number plate area was just coloured in in blue ( or something - any ideas ? ) - too distracting.

6 - *****

Forgot to blur out a section of brick around the spoiler ( do it - it's worth it ) - very nice shot.

14- ****

Would prefer it to be slightly sharper - more contrast in the whites and slightly bigger in frame.

16- ****

As the rainman would say - very sparkley - too many distracting reflections. Nicely photographed though - nicely polished.

19- ****

Great compostion and angle - well debadged good colour balance and interesting reflection of a ship - but not too distracting.

20- ***

I like clouds - good idea putting the lights on giving the bonnet something to contrast with - sweet angle.

29- ****

looks pretty good - like a toy car.

33- ****

Well positioned reflections and colours - I think this might work better even more saturated - I might be wrong.

36- *****

Love the colour, the juxtaposition, the reflection in the water, I just wish the car was bigger in shot. Sweeeet!

38- ****

I am a sucker for white sports cars - great juxt - massive exhaust ( where can I get a concrete exhaust that looks like a ciggy? ). I thought there were some riples in the door, but it was just some old demolished warehouses - ( how many nails did you get in your tyres? )

I can't wait to get a copy of the calender - whether my pic is on there or not. Good luck snappers.

Over and out B)

Steve

2989538649_6ca9c47d93_o.jpg

33- ****

Well positioned reflections and colours - I think this might work better even more saturated - I might be wrong.

taken with a 40 quid camera from tesco, so i'll take that as a compliment B)

Especially when you consider my SLR and lense is worth near on £1k :blush:

33- ****

Hi carumba :scare:

i've bought a luminex now and i thought i was splashing out :blush::lol:

33- ****

Obviously I didnt pay that much, but on a like for like replacement under insurance, thats what I'd be expecting. Got the lense second hand, but brand new its still worth £300, which isnt bad given I paid less than half that ;)

33- ****

Obviously I didnt pay that much, but on a like for like replacement under insurance, thats what I'd be expecting. Got the lense second hand, but brand new its still worth £300, which isnt bad given I paid less than half that ;)

i'd like a good digital slr B) eos 450d or similar :thumbs:

Go give em a try. Havent used the 450D, but I rate the 350D I have over the 400D my mate has. Because the 400 has a higher pixel count, it takes noticably more noisy pics at higher ISO (low light) situations. Dont be sold on the high megapixel count, 6-8MP is fine for anything upto A4/A3 prints. Just make sure you learn how to use it, as many people get them, set them to auto and wonder why they take "worse" pics than their point and shoots. Mainly because auto mode on SLRs isnt meant to be used ;)

Go give em a try. Havent used the 450D, but I rate the 350D I have over the 400D my mate has. Because the 400 has a higher pixel count, it takes noticably more noisy pics at higher ISO (low light) situations. Dont be sold on the high megapixel count, 6-8MP is fine for anything upto A4/A3 prints. Just make sure you learn how to use it, as many people get them, set them to auto and wonder why they take "worse" pics than their point and shoots. Mainly because auto mode on SLRs isnt meant to be used ;)

cheers chris :thumbs:

no point having a digital slr if you're going to use in auto imo, might aswell have a point and shoot :headhurt:

6-8mp is good even at A1 with a tiny bit of interpolation!

I HATE people who have an SLR and leave it on either Auto, Shutter priority or Aperture priority.

if your going to play with a proper camera, use it as a proper camera and stop the electronics doing the work.

Adam

I think Shutter priority or Aperture priority have their uses. Sports photography for one. I cant move quick enough to constantly change the settings, but if I know I want 1/125th or 1/60th for panning shots I can leave it set and let the camera sort out the aperature. For static shots though, manual is the way to go :thumbs:

but then what if for the sports shot you want a nice shallow dof? in shutter priority it won't figure that out.

i used aperture priority once and the image came out worse than if i had ballsed it up myself, so i aint a fan, by all means i'll look at what the metering says, and take a shot at that, then correct it to the way i want my image!

Adam

but then what if for the sports shot you want a nice shallow dof? in shutter priority it won't figure that out.

i used aperture priority once and the image came out worse than if i had ballsed it up myself, so i aint a fan, by all means i'll look at what the metering says, and take a shot at that, then correct it to the way i want my image!

Adam

Yeah they all have their place, just saying that it can be useful. Guess I'm just lazy :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a thought for the calender....

Could someone make the pics into a computer desktop with the month and days and then a nice 350z-uk logo on?

I know what I mean...... not sure if others do. That'd be kind of sweet actually.