My baby is having the recall work - completed

stanski

:cry: 2 dayes without the Zed ..sniff sniff - just a black Micra to keep me mobile - oh joy!

Prey there are no extra dints, scratches or oil smears on the car when I get it back and more to the point it does'nt kangeroo at the lights like it does now!!! :angry:

Will update you with the results ... '07 owners :)

Micra..... how macho! :lol:

Best of luck with the work.

Just a tip (not sure if you did or not) but do an inspection on the car with someone from the dealer and get it signed before they take the keys so if any extra damaged is there they can't say it was you. Not sure how much legal standing it has but it's always better than 'word against word'

Does'nt Batman drive a Micra? :blush::headhurt:

Worse thing its park in full public view on my drive - think will park the van in front to hide it a bit! Naa bit unfair at least its not some camp colour like lilac !

Lets see how things are tomorrow and more to the point lets hope I get it back tomorrow - first decent week weather wise and I am in a tintop! :dry:

its one of those occassions that you actually wish it said Nissan Courtesy car in big letters all over it. And if possible a sign in the back saying my real car is a 350Z! You know you'll spot lots of Zeds now and won't be able to wave don't you....... :lol:

Thanks folks

Erm yes interesting Ren and Stimpy pic there!!! I guess thats from the last new series they made about 5 years ago - never seen it - but heard it was a bit erm close to the bone so to speak as per your pic!!! :blush:

The only Micra I have had with no Nissan ad on the side !! Worse was a Nissan cash-cow with pictures of rats all over it - hmm why so honest about your own product I thought!!! :lol:

Its like driving a greenhouse on wheels - the roof is 20foot tall a Victorian Gentleman with Top hat would have room to spare!!

Adam if I went over a cattle grid in this thing it would fall between the grates!! :doh:

Anyway back to work ... :dry: boo...

Thanks folks

Erm yes interesting Ren and Stimpy pic there!!! I guess thats from the last new series they made about 5 years ago - never seen it - but heard it was a bit erm close to the bone so to speak as per your pic!!! :blush:

The only Micra I have had with no Nissan ad on the side !! Worse was a Nissan cash-cow with pictures of rats all over it - hmm why so honest about your own product I thought!!! :lol:

Its like driving a greenhouse on wheels - the roof is 20foot tall a Victorian Gentleman with Top hat would have room to spare!!

Adam if I went over a cattle grid in this thing it would fall between the grates!! :doh:

Anyway back to work ... :dry: boo...

Oiiiii! My sister has a cash cow and I quite like it!

:lol:

:cry: 2 dayes without the Zed ..sniff sniff - just a black Micra to keep me mobile - oh joy!

Laugh like I did at the first Micra courtesy car I had a few years back, laughed my head off, and asked where is the other 2.2 litres. :lol:

Just a tip (not sure if you did or not) but do an inspection on the car with someone from the dealer and get it signed before they take the keys so if any extra damaged is there they can't say it was you. Not sure how much legal standing it has but it's always better than 'word against word'

Very good idea there Stew, if there a dealership even half their worth in salt, they should do that anyway.

More importantly Stan, what exact recall work are they doing to your Zed??

Oi! Jay!!! Noooooooooooooo!!!! :headhurt:

One more thing if anyone elses is planning to have this recall done - bring both sets of keys - they need to reprogam them - they did'nt tell me will late afternoon so had to drive back with the other spare set of keys - this is turning into a major farce now is'nt it!! I am dreading seeing the car when I get it back (did I say WHEN then!!!) :rant:

Hope they've not added to your swirls.

I've had micras and notes both with huge stickers on them so people know they aren't yours but they think you have one in for service anyway, you just can't win on that one (unless of course you have a Lexus as a courtesy car).

Hope they have adjusted the throttle restrictor....................

Thanks Colin I figured what it was in the end - I had one of my almond Tarts wedged under the pedal! The pastry kept it from going all the way down to the floor!! Well its either that or the thick Shagpile carpet ! :headhurt: (I said shagpile not Shagtag Jay btw!!)

Your going to have to teach me how to drive slowly, safely and sensibly like you do Uncle Colin!!! :p

Got some Farcela G3 compound for the van last night - works a treat - bit too harsh for the Zed though will have to try molten butter on that paint finish !! Pile of poo that it is!!! :boxing:

Meeeeeeee a durty mind - that filty talk there young loon! :lol:

Funny had just about everything from the Datsun range as a courtesy car except a Zed!!

Fuel ecconomy on the Micr is appalling on the motorway - its a petrol I have, 5 speed box and doing about 4K revs at 75mph!! The Zed is resting at 75mph! :lol:

costing me a fortune in petrol tempted to tske the van tomorrow? :)

Finally got the Zed back tonight - all seems fine except 1 thing I wil mention in a mo anyway - no dints scratches oil drips so they must have listened to me for once!!

Anyway the clutch actually does feel a lot better - its firm and well lovely and clutchy like a clutch should be - no more Kangarooing at lights I've noticed and also the thrust release bearing used to growl a lot in neutral has stopped - and is actually quiet! (Bet they stuck some grease on it!!)

So then result - Zed is far nicer than before . :thumbs:

One thing though Please help! - which ever monkey did the work had to remove the Bose unit as they have not refitted it correctly and its slightly recessed at the top into the dash - I figured out that the cubby above it - you remove the rubber mat and 2x plastic blanking plugs and I can see 2x retaining screws for the Unit inside - however - is this something I can reset correctly myself - easy to do or have they lost some spacers and the muppet could'nt be ar**d to get it to fit correctly? I am phoning tomorrow to get it sorted Saturday morning however if its a 5 minute job and no need to unplug the electricity I would rather do it myself? :boxing::rant:

thanks in advance :)