Falken452

350matty

Hi all!

After a full set of Tires. I think Falkens are the best in the price range im after, but which company should a get them from to get the best deal?

Im running on Continentals at the moment and they have been great, will the the Continentals make the Falkens appear bad?

Oh and has anyone abused their tires just before getting a new set? Thinking of Turn the traction C. off and having a little fun.

Thanks

350matty

Hi all!

After a full set of Tires. I think Falkens are the best in the price range im after, but which company should a get them from to get the best deal?

Im running on Continentals at the moment and they have been great, will the the Continentals make the Falkens appear bad?

Oh and has anyone abused their tires just before getting a new set? Thinking of Turn the traction C. off and having a little fun.

Thanks

350matty

Camskill 01946518202

Camskill is where i am going to Purchase cheers once again Phil.

Falkens 452 it is then.

Total cost delivered is £367.20 really happy with that.

:teeth:

Just been ringing round to get quotes on fully fitting at my local fitters. Cheapest quote i got was £30 :yahoo: like £7.50 a tire. Total cost = £397.20

Probably not relavent but when balancing the Tire weights are put on, ive seen them put on the inside otf the alloy mostly but why do some put it on the edge of the rim?

Falkens 452 it is then.

Just been ringing round to get quotes on fully fitting at my local fitters. Cheapest quote i got was £30 :yahoo: like £7.50 a tire. Total cost = £397.20

Probably not relavent but when balancing the Tire weights are put on, ive seen them put on the inside otf the alloy mostly but why do some put it on the edge of the rim?

clip on weights are cheaper, just make sure you tell them beforehand you want hidden weights.

Falkens 452 it is then.

clip on weights are cheaper, just make sure you tell them beforehand you want hidden weights.

Well its £30 for value, fitting, and balancing, so im guess its clip on weights, what if they dont have hiddens ones should i just go with the clip ons? Every where else is charging me over £12 a tire. :wacko:

Falkens 452 it is then.

Well its £30 for value, fitting, and balancing, so im guess its clip on weights, what if they dont have hiddens ones should i just go with the clip ons? Every where else is charging me over £12 a tire. :wacko:

pretty sure they will just do it if you ask.

Well if they dont have stick on weights they arent worth bothering with and surely the extra couple of quid is worth it for having the job done properly. :thumbs:

Hi all!

Thanks

350matty

I`m running on continentals too so I`ll be interested to hear what difference you find with the Falkens :)

Hi all!

Thanks

350matty

I`m running on continentals too so I`ll be interested to hear what difference you find with the Falkens :)

Just got delievered today :yahoo: But still have a tiny bit of tread letf on my continentals. So im going to have a little play first :thumbs:

Continentals have been great for me stick, like anything but thats only cos i drive like a pussy. Only had it slide a few times, my back end was stepping out a bit a few weeks back but think that is due to the lack of tread.

Correct if im wrong, when checking your tread you measure it in mm right? But in your treat there is a Lump does that tell you your near the limit? So when you have level with this lump that mean your tire are in desparate need of changing?

Will keep you updated on what i think of the Falkens. But its the same with all new tires you have endless amount of grip when you get them change from a near bald set.

Continentals were to expensive for me, £367 full set Falkens is way forward.

Thanks

i have a fullset of the falkens and they are holding up quite nicely, at the time it was another £200 for the toyo's so no brainer really :)

When the tread meats the bump in the grooves that means you have to replace them asap :thumbs:

and it is measured in mm

i have a fullset of the falkens and they are holding up quite nicely, at the time it was another £200 for the toyo's so no brainer really :)

When the tread meats the bump in the grooves that means you have to replace them asap :thumbs:

and it is measured in mm

Not reached bumps in the grooves just yet, very close tho (another 1mm left)

• 1 month later...
What is the correct PSI? The manual says 35 all round but twice now (once when having a laser balance and now when having all new tyres fitted) two different places have set them to 30.

Don' trust the tyre places, out of the thousands of types of cars they won't know the correct pressure. Open your drivers door and there is a sticker on the inner arch that tells you the correct tyre pressure, as phil said 35psi

My findings of the (19") Falkens after about 3000 miles.

Totally transformed and improved the grip in the wet compared to the Stones RE40's.

Not so easy to provoke the oversteer (in the dry) given the extra grip the Falkens offer - rather than a clear feel through the seat of the pants as to when the 'grip' lets go, as with the Stones, I find the break-away point is more instant.

Having recently done a few of the more challenging roads in the UK - Abergwesyn in Wales, Hardnott in the Lakes and Applecross in the Western Highlands, it was necessary to turn off thre TC to get round some of their sharp hairpins - otherwise it just kicked in and frustrated forward motion. Did mean a few rubber burning occasions though..... :D

Overall - for average UK conditions I'm very happy with the Falken's performance (and very good value for money) :) . But when I go on track I would instantly put the Stones back on to help get the more progressive slides (when provoked), as I have reservations that the Falkens might 'bite' a little too much and end me up in the gavel traps, or worse :scare: .

Hope this helps anyone thinking of using the Falkens.

What is the correct PSI? The manual says 35 all round but twice now (once when having a laser balance and now when having all new tyres fitted) two different places have set them to 30.

Don' trust the tyre places, out of the thousands of types of cars they won't know the correct pressure. Open your drivers door and there is a sticker on the inner arch that tells you the correct tyre pressure, as phil said 35psi

Thanks, I knew the sticker was there but still wanted to question it to be sure

I don't see many suppliers with the Falken 452s for my 17" rims. Several now have the 912s, which appear to be the new version of the 512s. A few US sites are giving them good reviews. Anybody one here any knowledge or experience of them?