New Purchase

Hi guys... I'm a newbie!

Just bought a 350z convertible today. Loving it already. HOWEVER... It was advertised as having cruise control. It is a jap import and obviously it doesnt! I didnt check this in my excitement! lol I Feel a little annoyed and wondered if I should go back to the garage and take this up with them and negotiate a discount due to false advertising.

Anyone have any views?

Be nice... I'm new to this club!

Hey mate welcome to the forum! Where abouts u from? Most defo dude get back to them and say about the false advertising and see if you can blag something from them! :thumbs: Defo worth a shot IMO

:welcome:

Excellent, another memeber and another roadster.

On your legal issue - if it was advertised as having cruise then you certainly have a claim. If it is a brand new car then obviously the value of the cruise control can be worked out pretty easily by just looking what Nissan charge for it as an optional extra on their range.

If it's second hand then it becomes more difficult to ascertain the value of cruise. Basically you have to work out how much more a car with cruise is worth over a car that hasn't got it, the difference being the claim. It'll be a few hundred quid so worth claiming.

Obviously going to court's a pain so have a reasonable chat and see where it goes. You could always settle for free servcing etc so that his actual outlay is reduced but the value to you is still there - just an idea.

Can you tell my wife's a partner in a law firm ? :blush:

Hope it helps

Thanks guys.. I shall get onto it tomorrow and see what I can get. It is due a timing belt change. Its a 53 plate with only 17k on clock but service says at 5 years change belt... Would this be a good trade?

Thanks

Kentin

Thanks guys.. I shall get onto it tomorrow and see what I can get. It is due a timing belt change. Its a 53 plate with only 17k on clock but service says at 5 years change belt... Would this be a good trade?

Thanks

Kentin

:welcome: They use a timing chain and it shouldn`t need replacing. If you wanted cruise i`d return the car and ask for your money back, otherwise i`d be asking for at least £300 back if not more!!

Welcome to the forum!! Good luck, and definitely go and hit the dealer up as the others have suggested.

By the way, what's the deal over there now with false advertising?? Maybe you can use that to push the matter. ;)

By the way, you didn't tell us what colour it is. ;)

Welcome to the forum!! Good luck, and definitely go and hit the dealer up as the others have suggested.

By the way, what's the deal over there now with false advertising?? Maybe you can use that to push the matter. ;)

My new baby is a 53 plate GM Grey with the funky orange seats. I'm loving it. Had a funny incident yesterday. First day out in it, gorgeous day driving between

Warrington and Bradford.... loving the sunshine on my head and the wind in my hair. It was a scorcher of a day. 28c on the read out... was way too hot and was sweating like a fat lass in clingfilm. Yes you guessed it... I had leaned on the seat heat switch! Felt a little silly. :blush:

Will post later with update on response from garage.

My new baby is a 53 plate GM Grey with the funky orange seats. I'm loving it. Had a funny incident yesterday. First day out in it, gorgeous day driving between

Warrington and Bradford.... loving the sunshine on my head and the wind in my hair. It was a scorcher of a day. 28c on the read out... was way too hot and was sweating like a fat lass in clingfilm. Yes you guessed it... I had leaned on the seat heat switch! Felt a little silly. :blush:

Will post later with update on response from garage.

Yeah easily done, not the best place to have a switch. Did the same thing yesterday so i blamed the misses :lol: my arse was all hot and sweaty :yuck:

Gotta be careful with these import centres i was looking @ a jdm import before i bought my uk spec! it was advertised as having the 313hp engine on a 54 plate which it clearly wouldnt of had! but i was blissfully unaware until the chaps here set things straight for me!

deffo worth a try to get something back!