350z Prices

Thelongads

With a new addition to the family arriving in Dec, I've been doing a bit of test driving lately with the Golf R32 as my choice to move on to.

I've been trying to pitch what to sell mine for and I knew the Car tax issues and petrol prices were not going to help but bl**dy hell, the prices have taken an absolute battering. :angry::rant:

There are 2004 zeds (Uk spec) going for under £14k ffs. I only bought mine last Nov and could easily see a £4-5k loss on the horizon.

So if you were me (and not selling isn't an option), what would you price a 54 reg GT pack Zed for in Azure blue with 24k on the clock, good condition, minor alloy scuffs on 2 wheels, stone chipping to lower front bumper, average tyre tread, no mods.

I wont tell you what Volkswagen offered me in p/x...... muppets :rant:

Ads

Very difficult situation after Newsellers thread. Would think that VW would have tried it on at about 10 or 11. Personally, and I am happy to be corrected, I would have thought it may be better to stick it on higher and wait for the drop to work though the market. There will be a guy out there with an R32 feeling the same way.

Best of luck with it.

With a new addition to the family arriving in Dec, I've been doing a bit of test driving lately with the Golf R32 as my choice to move on to.

I've been trying to pitch what to sell mine for and I knew the Car tax issues and petrol prices were not going to help but bl**dy hell, the prices have taken an absolute battering. :angry::rant:

There are 2004 zeds (Uk spec) going for under £14k ffs. I only bought mine last Nov and could easily see a £4-5k loss on the horizon.

So if you were me (and not selling isn't an option), what would you price a 54 reg GT pack Zed for in Azure blue with 24k on the clock, good condition, minor alloy scuffs on 2 wheels, stone chipping to lower front bumper, average tyre tread, no mods.

I wont tell you what Volkswagen offered me in p/x...... muppets :rant:

Ads

Depnds how quick you want rid I suppose.......................

There is a 53 plate UK blue zed on autotrader for £12850 so I'd stick it up at just over £14k and then reduce it periodically depending on how quick you need to get rid :)

After having stopped myself slitting my wrists earlier :headhurt: I've been on Autotrader and Pistonheads noting all the prices and mileage of 2004 GT pack Zeds on a private sale.

One quick graph in excel later (sad I know :p) shows the price for mine to compete against the others should be around £15,600.

Will start there and see what the interest is - just got to do the advert now.

Ads

Thing is you will suffer the loss on selling your car but you will get a R32 a few grand cheaper than it was 6 months ago too so it should balance out in the end :thumbs: good luck tho

Yes it should do shouldn't it :thumbs:

I have been nosing round dealers but think I may have to go for the private sale and just pay for HPI and AA check - should work out the cheapest route.

Ads

• 2 weeks later...
its the same for all cars mate, they have lost mega ££Â£'s over the last 6 months, its not just zeds, on the bright side the car you are buying will have lost money aswell, so you lose and you gain :blush:

Not if you're buying new though :thumbdown:

i know, they havent dicounted any new cars ?? my mate had a p/ex price on his diesel corsa at a vauxhall dealers, he went back a week later and they said the price had dropped £250 as it was a week older :lol:

thats some depreciation !! he asked why the car he was buying hadn't dropped ......... :tumbleweed:

its the same for all cars mate, they have lost mega ££Â£'s over the last 6 months, its not just zeds, on the bright side the car you are buying will have lost money aswell, so you lose and you gain :blush:

i know, they havent dicounted any new cars ?? my mate had a p/ex price on his diesel corsa at a vauxhall dealers, he went back a week later and they said the price had dropped £250 as it was a week older :lol:

thats some depreciation !! he asked why the car he was buying hadn't dropped ......... :tumbleweed:

Beacause its new, unregistered with zero mileage and therefore depreciation free until its bought ;)

Beacause its new, unregistered with zero mileage and therefore depreciation free until its bought ;)

sorry the car he was buying was an ex demo, so was registered :thumbs:

total sales for the vauxhall dealership he went to, for the last month.........zero :lol::lol:

thats not a joke btw

sorry the car he was buying was an ex demo, so was registered :thumbs:

total sales for the vauxhall dealership he went to, for the last month.........zero :lol::lol:

thats not a joke btw

Ah, Trev was talking new cars ;)

Who needs to buy from dealers nowadays when private sellers are sooooo desperate to get rid that buying privately represents a lower risk financially :)