throttle type ??

P15UL T

lol thats kinda too technical for me

An interesting thing I did find mind, is when I have my OBDII hooked up and pedal flat to the floor, it only ever says 88% throttle. Think I'm being robbed of 12% throttle somewhere :lol::blush:

Deadband.......

When you push the pedal and nothing happens. like did the readings go up straight away from 0?

Ah I see, like play in the steering. No it increases as soon as you so much as wave your foot at the pedal. Any kind of pressure on the pedal will register as 1-2%, actually moving the pedal a few mm/cm gets you from 5-10%. What I would call half throttle (feels half way to me) is about 30% and full whack to the floor is 88%. Tried this morning to do it while driving and gave the same values. I wonder if there is some kind of built in overhead in the throttle in that if there doesnt seem to be pulling enough air it can open it further, but doesnt atm as it gets max airflow without it. Thinking that because it caps the power for us (damn clever ECU!) it doesnt ever need to open it all the way? :headhurt:

Sounds like it to me.

Hmmmm, I feel cheated!

Me too. The other thing I was thinking was to try one of those booster things that I think 3FIDDYZ has that attaches to the throttle pedal sensor and fiddles with the signal to give supposidly better response (by basically multiplying what you do to the ECU) to see if that would give me a higher reading. Hmmm......

• 1 month later...
An interesting thing I did find mind, is when I have my OBDII hooked up and pedal flat to the floor, it only ever says 88% throttle. Think I'm being robbed of 12% throttle somewhere :lol::blush:

I wonder if that is proof of the Z dialling out mods... I've got an ODBII cable what program you using?

I wonder if that is proof of the Z dialling out mods... I've got an ODBII cable what program you using?

Curerntly using DashCommand (digital dash generator) and Centrafuse (has an OBDII plugin). Both give throttle percentage. One thing I am still sceptical about is what the number actually means.

Will try a throttle reset at some point and see if that gives us 100%. I doubt it will, but worth a punt :thumbs:

Curerntly using DashCommand (digital dash generator) and Centrafuse (has an OBDII plugin). Both give throttle percentage. One thing I am still sceptical about is what the number actually means.

Will try a throttle reset at some point and see if that gives us 100%. I doubt it will, but worth a punt :thumbs:

It's worse for me highest I registered was about 84% (used proscan)

There is a throttle pedal and position sensor reset in the Manual it will clear the 12% loss.

I will try and post the full procedure later when I return home if someone hasnt already done so.

Teddy.

The tps reset procedure will not help in this case - only thing that can be done is a reflash of the factory ecu to allow full opening of the blade