350z Almost stolen off drive....

dwj100uni

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments.

I think I have come up with the most cost effective solution.

I am going to replace the door cylinder lock (£28 from nissan with 2 keys, which will mean different key for manual door entry and ignition, but who uses manual key anyway?), and then I am going to set up the key fob that I have left with my ECM/BCM 5 times. This will erase all other key fob codes, including the one he has got so that he cannot open the door whatsoever.

If he still really wants to get in a breaks the window, then A: The alarm will be going mad, B: His key cannot start the car as he does not have the immobiliser as i disabled his alarm key already, and C: I went out yesterday and bought the biggest disklok available!

I know its the cheap way round doing it, and its a bit of a work around- however home insurance certinly do not want to know at all and being only 22 my car insurance is steep enough, without submitting any further claims!

Sounds like a good plan. I would suggest waiting for him to return before you use the disclock on the theiving get! :boxing:

On a more serious note, its interesting that you can set up the key fob 5 times to erase the previous keys. Does that mean that a Zed can have 5 sets of keys set up to open them?

Also, my door is a specially reinforced door that cost £1600 which can't being kicked in, not even by the police with one of those big red things. :)

Bit extreme to keep your misses out Sarnie and love the technical term - perhaps she will tell you one night what the big red thing is :p

More seriously getting back to dwj100uni's reason for the thread surely you would think that if the scroat broke into the house and stole the car keys/alarm fob that would be 'theft' of items from within the house which should should be covered by the household insurance? Had he got away with the car then the car insurance would have covered its theft given the keys had not been left in the car.

I had a client that had his house broken into when he was in bed and they saw the keys to his TVR Tuscan then stole it out of the garage, he was understandable gutted.

It annoys me that there are people in the world like this but at least you still have your zed, if I were you id set up some cctv and see if the little gits come back or get a very big dog to rip them to shreds if they do. I'm not sure the police would do anything if you did have cctv footage of them trying to steal a car but them might get of thier asses and do something if you give it to them on a plate :lol:

totally agree with Digsy and Sarnie - I don't want anyone coming into my bedroom looking for my car keys! Someone my sister works with had that happen to them - they had two brand new mercs, she woke up when she heard the blokes in their bedroom, husband kept snoring, she's laying in bed with her arm hanging out with a massive diamond solitaire engagement ring on. Totally terrified and pretending to be asleep and hoping and praying hubbie doesn't wake up! They got the keys and the mercs (police reckoned they were stolen to order) but it could have been so much worse! They can have my motor any day!

Welcome :thumbs:

Hi, according to the Nissan service manual that I have got (from 350z-tech) for an '03 model that is correct- just hope it works!

Unfortunately that's the US service manual and they have a different security system. Give it a go by all means, but I've tried it on my JDM and couldn't get it to work.

However I'm sure that Nissan UK can do something to similar for not too much £££ - I read somewhere (on the other Z forum? :scare:) recently someone had bought new keys from Japan and had their JDM Z coded to accept them by Nissan for around £50...so presumeably the reverse is also possible??? Worth asking if you're near an import-friendly dealer.

Steve

I say good luck to them if they want to try and find my car keys in the house, I cant find them most the time :lol:

:lol: mmm, and didn't I just confess to taking a year to find my spare set........... :blush:

I say good luck to them if they want to try and find my car keys in the house, I cant find them most the time :lol:

:lol: mmm, and didn't I just confess to taking a year to find my spare set........... :blush:

Which rather throws your argument out Nixy ;):lol:

"Where are the keys" said the lowlife.

"I dont know said Nixy" from her bed.

"Yes pull the other one" said the lowlife.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey guys- Update:

I tried that programming the fob using the manual, and as steve3000 correctly pointed out, did not work for my car.

I ended up getting my circuit tester out and poking around the BCM module and pressing the remot button at the same time to see what did what!

I eventually found a small thin brown wire coming out of the middle connector plug (there are about 4 plugs on this box) that when negatived would not allow a signal from the fob to reach the car. I cut this wire and it had the same effect.

The little rat now cannot gain access to my car other than by breaking the window, in which case he may aswell just do that to any car, so hopefully i have detered him enough!

Anyhow- just thought I would share my findings if anyone was interested!