Glasgow Meet 29/6/08 about 28 pictures!

ARphotographs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics again Adam, really was a good drive on some cracking roads - good to meet everyone. B)

Gordon - Thats the day where they have the Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsches etc on track yeah? If it is i might come along to watch - will keep an eye out for you in the Zed if i do.

Luke,

The Hot Marques days are open to any car worth more than £10k, I've only been once before and that was four years ago; when I was there I was driving a Mitsubishi FTO which was pretty underpowered compared to most other cars there; from memory there was a mix of Porsches, Evos, Subarus, Lotus Elises', Honda Civic Type R, VX 220s, Honda Integras and Caterhams.

Some were seriously quick but there were others not quite so fast; Golf GTi's, Audi TTs and a Seat Leon.... all these looked a little cumbersome compared to the more focused cars on display but I'm sure the guys driving enjoyed it.

From memory there was only one casualty; A guy driving an Evo far faster than he could handle, he smashed it straight into a tyre wall.

When I go on the track with my 350 I plan to take it fairly easy, certainly won't be pushing too hard.

There are some good Knockhill You Tube links, some are from Hot Marques days so you could have a look at them for an idea of what it’s like. The last one I remember seeing was from a guy in a white Golf GTi Edition 30, he was absolutely flying.

Gordon

They're proving to be a pain to keep clean though!

Poorboys wheel wax is your friend so I am told going to try some today for the first time but my rims are bogo Rays so probably a bit easier I did like your wheels though mate really unusual. B)

Good pics all.

Adam - can't believe you airbrushed out the old dude in the beemer - put him back immediately! And where'd the caravan go?!?!?

(in case you're wondering, Jay was towing a caravan, at least I think that's why he was so far behind the rest of us :lol: )

I don’t know if this is something you guys do but I'm thinking of doing a 'Hot Marques' track day at Knockhill on Saturday 19th July (If it's dry). Let me know if any of you guys are up for joining me.

Gordon

Gordon - why don't you start a thread on this - I'd be up for going along, date dependant of course!

The idea of Hot Maeques is it keeps all the muppets in clapped out xr-2's and nova's off the track -usually fairly sensible folk driving.

Good pics all.

Adam - can't believe you airbrushed out the old dude in the beemer - put him back immediately! And where'd the caravan go?!?!?

(in case you're wondering, Jay was towing a caravan, at least I think that's why he was so far behind the rest of us :lol: )

hahah wasnt that on the motorway buddy! I was going fairly slow on the loose stone areas as some of us have chrome wheels to consider also i am considerate as stan was a bit behind me and as we where going as a group thought i wouldnt leave him behind :thumbs:

Thanks Jay appreciated it but I did get a stone wack the car anyway so I backed off further - as mentioned before - being the official camera car we have to hold way back and observe! B)

Notice how that old bloke in the old beemer made a bee line for my softtop - thought he was going to gob in it or something! Its the colour you know bit more rare than white!! he he he :lol:

HAHAHAH white isnt rare anymore lol everyone has them these days :p Yeh adam was saying about the flying stones :lol: They kept catching in my deep dish wheels :dry: which i wasnt very pleased about lol

Hello everyone,

I have just signed up to 350z-uk as my two year strive for a 350z will hopefully be met in the next month. Just graduated from university so the poor student thing has stopped me up until now! Have an mr2 roadster just now - no hairdresser jokes please! :lol:

I will save the life story for newbie lounge but I just wanted to say I am so pleased that there is actually glasgow meets! Looks like a good day out - hopefully I can have an invite when I get the new car!

Car look great in photos - 10 points to the cameraman! Well bye for now, hope to meet a few of the locals in time!

Craig

Hello everyone,

I have just signed up to 350z-uk as my two year strive for a 350z will hopefully be met in the next month. Just graduated from university so the poor student thing has stopped me up until now! Have an mr2 roadster just now - no hairdresser jokes please! :lol:

I will save the life story for newbie lounge but I just wanted to say I am so pleased that there is actually glasgow meets! Looks like a good day out - hopefully I can have an invite when I get the new car!

Car look great in photos - 10 points to the cameraman! Well bye for now, hope to meet a few of the locals in time!

Craig

That was the inaugural Glasgow Meet Craig and a good day out :teeth: Hopefully there will be more and of course you can have an invite to the next one.

You should post up what you are looking for with regards to a Zed and some of us can help you out with advice or even a car :teeth:

Hello everyone,

Craig

Hey buddy hows it goin, what part of glasgow u from? Its not a yellow mrs by anychance is it?