Pics finally up

Bear1985

The sound is simply incredible. I did wonder if 2x W7 would be overkill but its so sweet. Specially with the focal K2 powers. They are just unbelievable. The Focal V slims arent actually too bad either I really like em!

I mounted Focal tweeters the the amp rack also. I going to get the rear window 100% blacked out and also a stealth shelf is being made for it.

The dynamatt is amazing too. You can crank the system and not hear too much of the bass if you step out the car. Definitely worth it. Nismo Bodykit next and then more toys after that. Probably Zoorst, Induction and finally supercharger but I'll see.

Cheers for the get well wishes! no driving for 8 weeks! :yawn:

You do get some glare but I specifically bought a transflective screen to reduce any glare. I might ask them to design some sort of fold any visor for it when its really sunny. I am going to put in a single dinn Alpine stereo below so that the PC outputs go into the Alpine headunit and they then output the signals to the Amps. Just so that I can control it all via a headunit or the PC. But that requires major re-wiring! So not just yet but soon.

Looks good - would be very interested so see some work in progress pictures. Showing the sub enclosures, that it looks like with-out trim panels etc.

What does it look like from the boot?

Is there another amp somewhere for the speakers?

If you are going to get a head unit I would say with all you have spent go for the 9887, your dealer should be able to sort you a deal and getting it IMPRINTed for you, specially with how much you have spent with them

Looks good to me. 2 x W7s????? Brave man! :D

I think if it was me I'd have mounted the amps on the floor and created a horizontal (ish) false floor to keep it very stealth.

uber cool though! B)

I will post some pics and a video of the system running tomorrow. I cant guarrantee my camera work will be very good! lol

I couldnt mount that massive JL audio amp underneath the seat - it is way too big!!

Also I have the PC and the other amp on the floor in the boot....

10.jpg

One way of making it stealthly would be making a bowl like shelf that the amp sits in side and then a cover to go over the top of that. But that would be even more expense. I am happy with what I have so far!

Well the inverter seems to be working well to be honest.

Why is it less efficient.

Also when I crank the music. Even with a top rated Stinger Powercap/Battery the voltmeter goes from 14V to 8-9V in seconds. Something to worry about?

Its less efficient as it has to convert 12v -> 240v then again 240v -> 12v - Each conversion requires power as they are far from 100% efficient.

A computer only needs 12v so a proper car PSU will probably use quite a bit less power.

When you say it drops to 8/9v do you mean just for a split second and then it goes back up to 14v?

(To be honest the power cap does not actually do that much)

Hi Bear - install looks great and I would be very keen to see pics of the sub boxes without the subs in them - what volume (cuft) are they?

Agree with others in that I personally would hide the amp or be constantly paranoid someone was going to smash the back window and nick it! It is a nice beast to have on display mind you...

I'm currently getting my installer to create me a screen moulding for cubby-hole mount, much like yours and I will post pics when it's done. I currently run the set-up that you are moving towards with my PC playing through the aux port on my alpine headunit and it works very well. The sound of my PC, allbeit very good using FLAC and suchlike, is limited by the hardwear playing it back (i.e. PC soundcard) and so for pure SQ I like to use my HU rather than the PC. Only mentioning as this is another benefit of doing what you are thinking about... that and the fact you'll get a radio!

I'm not sure which front-end you are running on the PC - but I think I recall someone talking about problems with use of the rotary controller in combination with Centrafuse - best to do a trawl of forums related to your front end and have a look before buying...

Its less efficient as it has to convert 12v -> 240v then again 240v -> 12v - Each conversion requires power as they are far from 100% efficient.

A computer only needs 12v so a proper car PSU will probably use quite a bit less power.

When you say it drops to 8/9v do you mean just for a split second and then it goes back up to 14v?

(To be honest the power cap does not actually do that much)

I agree with both of these points and the other benefit of a proper car psu is the ability to start up and shut down the system with the ignition switch. I drop my car PC to hibernate automatically when the ignition turns off.

Does your invertor get hot? If so there's proof of the power inefficiency!

It's also a topic for debate whether or not you get benefit from using a capacitor - especially if you have a fairly chunky alternator/battery which I'd guess the zed does to crank the big V6.

Hi Bear - install looks great and I would be very keen to see pics of the sub boxes without the subs in them - what volume (cuft) are they?

Agree with others in that I personally would hide the amp or be constantly paranoid someone was going to smash the back window and nick it! It is a nice beast to have on display mind you...

I'm currently getting my installer to create me a screen moulding for cubby-hole mount, much like yours and I will post pics when it's done. I currently run the set-up that you are moving towards with my PC playing through the aux port on my alpine headunit and it works very well. The sound of my PC, allbeit very good using FLAC and suchlike, is limited by the hardwear playing it back (i.e. PC soundcard) and so for pure SQ I like to use my HU rather than the PC. Only mentioning as this is another benefit of doing what you are thinking about... that and the fact you'll get a radio!

I'm not sure which front-end you are running on the PC - but I think I recall someone talking about problems with use of the rotary controller in combination with Centrafuse - best to do a trawl of forums related to your front end and have a look before buying...

Thats for taking the time to leave your comments!

The amp will definitly be covered up its not that I would be too bothered about the equipment if it was nicked (all insured) but the damage they cause to the car and also I would be emotionally devastated!

I am currently using a creative x-fi extreme soundcard which is commonly used for nightclubs and venues etc. and is more than capable of delivering high quality sound. However I will be installing a top Alpine headunit shortly anyway.

Im not too sure about the front end but I have a full copy of Centrafuse D/L'd so Im gonna try that first and see. I got a list of Front End software from another forum and there are about 60 different packages that can be used. So enough to choose from.

I wont be extending the Audio project much more from after the HU installation as Im saving for a Garrett Twin Turbo conversion installed by some wizards in Middlesborough!