Pics finally up

Bear1985

Its less efficient as it has to convert 12v -> 240v then again 240v -> 12v - Each conversion requires power as they are far from 100% efficient.

A computer only needs 12v so a proper car PSU will probably use quite a bit less power.

When you say it drops to 8/9v do you mean just for a split second and then it goes back up to 14v?

(To be honest the power cap does not actually do that much)

I agree with both of these points and the other benefit of a proper car psu is the ability to start up and shut down the system with the ignition switch. I drop my car PC to hibernate automatically when the ignition turns off.

Does your invertor get hot? If so there's proof of the power inefficiency!

It's also a topic for debate whether or not you get benefit from using a capacitor - especially if you have a fairly chunky alternator/battery which I'd guess the zed does to crank the big V6.

I will havw to check if the power invertor gets hot as Im not sure.

Power when I start the car the PC turns on automatically. I set the BIOS so that when there is power the PC turns on automatically. When I stop the car I simply press the button behind the seat and the PC goes into hibernation. Not quite as efficient as a car PSU but it works well.

Once its all up and running it will be firing on all cylinders and I'll love it! Haha

Alas still no more driving for 5 weeks!